Tuesday, July 02, 2002

Well, the Canada Day Long Weekend has come and gone and here's a run down on what happened.

Saturday:
A pretty uneventful morning and afternoon of just studying and looking after my grandma. By the afternoon, things picked up. I originally thought I wasn't able to go to the bbq/get together at Ava's, so I told her so. However, I found that I had some free time and decided to join the gang. So I call Ava's place, her sister picks up and tells me that she and a group of friends left already to Michael Power's to play frisbee. "Excellent" I thought, "I'll race down and play some frisbee!"
I sped down the highway, reach Power's and no one is there. So I figured, maybe they got tired and went back to Ava's to chill. I drove to Ava's, rang the door bell, and her dad answered. Now, normally this wouldn't be worth noting, but I was dressed as Carol would say, a "thug". Anyway, to make a long story short, I kept looking for the gang, bothered the So's some more, got hold of Richard's Cell, joined them and chilled for the rest of the night. All in all, it was a good night.

Sunday:
Woke up and went to church. It was pretty cool because the MCI crew almost took up an entire pew! Cary, Carol, Jo, Ava, and I were there. The message was a very good one and I'm sure everyone took something home from Rev. Wong's sermon. It was about loving God with all your heart, all your sould, all your strength and all your mind. It looks deceivingly as a simple instruction, but it's a very difficult line to follow.

Monday:
CANADA DAY! I hung out with a group of friends from UWO at Paramounts Canada's Wonderland! Sam came up all the way from London too. Victor was supposed to be there, but he hurt himself from another basketball related injury. It was cool to chill with my ex roommate Derek. Haven't seen the guy all summer until yesterday. It was also nice to see Joanie, Grace and Jessica and it was cool to meet Kevin and his girlfriend Jessica2 ( I say Jessica2, so you won't think it's the first Jessica I mentioned). For dinner, we walked out of the park to a nearby Wendy's. I ordered 3 jr chesseburgers and a medium coke, but accidentally the server gave me a spicy chicken instead of a jr burger! JAM!
Oh and I won a stuffed duck shooting basketballs at the Vince Carter Mr. Big Booth. The duck is now named "Dudley". The fireworks at night were really spectacular. I came home tired from a thrilling day.

Well, that's my weekend. Next week is going to be sweet too. I'm going camping!

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home