Friday, February 13, 2004

Midterms....suck

Yes, it's true. I had one yesterday, had one today and have 2 more next week.

Anyway, in unrelated news I watched Spellbound last night (instead of studying). It's a documentary about kids competing in the US national spelling bee. Does this sound boring? Well, it's actually quite good. Not super exciting or excessively hilarious, but very compelling. You can tell that these kids will grow up to be keeners....except for the one guy who really couldn't care less (not that there's anything wrong with that...). And it's pretty scary how much some of these kids studied for it. All those hours spent on a virtually useless skill. Speaking of spending hours frivolously, I watched this documentary between 12 and 2AM last night when I should have been studying! Good thing the midterm wasn't too difficult today. whew...

The reason I watched it was because I just downloaded a BitTorrent client and was "testing" it out. When I had finished downloading it (at almost 100mb/hour) I had to "test" out the file. You can guess what happened next...

When did Kill Bill Vol. 2's release date get pushed back to April? Why? Bah! I was really looking forward to watching it after midterms were over. Now I have to wait until I"m done my final exams, because I happens to land on the day of my last final. Can't wait...

Valentines is coming up! If you want to get out of the house on sat try this. I've got plans already...the restaurant looks expensive, but appears quite good. I'll have more info by the weekend.

Here's a commercial for hair. Don't all you girls want to buy this product now?

BTW for those who have watched Spellbound, the definition of Euonym is a good name or appropriate name for a person, place or thing.

Wow, this posting is really random and disjoint today. I didn't even bother to bullet these random thoughs. So I'll continue on more random thoughts.

This weekend is the basketball all-star festivities. Since I don't have a TV I will probably be missing a lot of it. Plus, it is also valentine's, so I'll definitely be missing that....unless the restuarant has a TV...... JUST JOKING. That would be something NOT to do on Balentine's. If I did, I might have to use my Bud Light "Let's make February 15th our Valentine Day" card that Tim so thoughtfully gave to me for secret santa.

Here's some thoughts about Vince Carter that Charles Barkely voiced. I completely agree:

"When you have that much talent, you don't get to say 'I just want to blend in.' That's not the way it works. It's up to the great players to make the other scrubs better. It's up to Vince to put his teammates on his back and carry them. That's the responsibility of being a great player. Kevin Garnett can't just say he wants to blend in with the other guys. Shaquille O'Neal can't say that; Allen Iverson can't say that; and Tracy McGrady can't say that. Great players have to play great and they have to lead. You're not one of the guys -- you're better than everyone else. That is why you're an All-Star and you get the highest salary. If you just want to be one of the guys, then cut your salary and make what the other guys make. They don't pay you a lot of money to blend in. There's a reason Shaq makes $20 million a year. You can't just blend in! You have to lead the team." -- Barkley, on Toronto guard Vince Carter saying he'd rather just fit in with the rest of the team instead of being "the man."


Come on Vince...be "The Man"

I'm winning in my basketball pool....yay.

Maybe I'll download the the basketball stuff off of BitTorrent. I'm currently downloading the first few episodes of Survivor: All Stars. I hope someone uploads the bball stuff, because someone even bothered to upload the Lingerie Bowl on BitTorrent. That sounds like a plan. (The plan is downloading the basketball stuff, not the Lingerie Bowl, especially since my roommate already downloaded it...and promptly deleted it because it was so bad). Maybe I should download NBA Live 2004. I hear from multiple people that it's good.

That's it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home