Monday, June 07, 2004

Any Mechies Out There?

In ECE, we all have to do a big fourth year project that actually counts as a course. My group is doing a videoconferencing project where we point a camera to the location of a sound source. In terms of engineering, it reduces to locating the source of sound in three dimensions and pointing something at it. We're using a DSP board to do that, but our group is having the most trouble with the physical construction of the camera and motor assembly.

So basically I just wanted suggestions on how to build the damn thing. It needs to be a tilt and pan camera mount. We're using servo motors to perform the actual movement. We've come up with a basic design and was wondering if anyone out there can give suggestions to improve it. Even suggestions on what materials to use are welcome.

Scroll down on the following link (it's actually our design document that we had to submit to our prof. A basic drawing of our design can be found near the bottom. Critique it....NOW!

BTW, you can send email to me through my gmail account (my username: nelsonhu)

Thanks.


PS quite a few people have taken the time to tell me my new template design is pretty gay (not that there's anything wrong with it...). But i'm going to keep it for now. Maybe i'll try to get rid of the purples and pinks it likes to go to so often....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home