Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Freakonomics Quiz

The Freakonomics blog, which I promoted to my regular RSS rotation without a probation period had a mini-contest/quiz on their site recently. The following was the quiz question:

"Before a recent lecture, I got to shake hands with one of the most famous and beloved nearly-octogenarians in the world."

My first guess was Alan Greenspan, but according to Wikipedia he just turned 80 earlier this year. I couldn't think of anyone else, so I didn't submit a guess.

The only reason I'm posting this is because someone posted Larry Smith as their answer! Scroll down to line 39:

39. Larry Smith. Well, he's well-known and beloved on the University of Waterloo's campus, and he's an economist…


LOL. I think Larry Smith is one of the best profs on campus and I even attended his lecture after I graduated by sneaking into his class. The post is funny because I don't think he's close to 80. Also, I wouldn't say he's one of the most famous or beloved in the world, although, he is both famous and beloved on campus.

Anyway, read the site for the true answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home