Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Done midterms, yay.

Had a fun weeekend after finishing up my midterms. Our family just got my dad a new home theatre system for his birthday, and I helped him set it up over the weekend. It's pretty decent; it's not top of the line or anything. It's a Bose system - which audiophiles, seem to look down upon. But it's nice and compact with a very large subwoofer. I just hope our neighbours don't mind.

I also checked out the Toronto Dragon Boat festival with Kitty and some of her friends on saturday. It's just as I remembered it...long lineups for ferries and free stuff and watching dragonboating is pretty boring if you don't know anyone participating in it. The lineup for the free cleaning supplies was horrendously long, so we didn't even bother. We did rent a two person bicycle, which was a lot of fun. I've never ridden one before, but I like it. Apparantly, it's a pretty scary experience for the person in the back, because they have no control over the steering, they are not involved in balancing and they can't see what's in front. But I wouldn't know what that's like, b/c Kitty was too short for the front seat... :) I also bumped into Kevin and Pauline. We were both in line to shoot some basketballs for prizes. The ironic thing is that both our girlfriends got one in and neither Kevin or I were able to. um, yeah...

So anyway, I'm playing on our class team's intramural basketball team this semester. It's a lot of fun, but I'm just not used to playing full court basketball. I'm also in the 2nd tier league, where the competition is tough for someone of my (lack of) size and slowness. We have a player on our team that can dunk, so that helps.

Anyway, here are some links:

A 25 year old reporter experiences the Prom again...by taking out a 17 year old girl! Check out his Prom Story.

Here's an article in Wired about geek dating. A choice quote, "Now that so many women are online, it's our chance as geeks to start getting more dates."

Seinfeld & Superman: just hilarious, especially if you enjoyed Seinfeld's TV show. This was from a while back, but now they have a second episode out.

And last, but not least. There might be a new dynasty: Yao & Tmac. We'll have to wait to see if that goes through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home