Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Leafs Game

I've never in my life been to a Leafs game before. But that's changed - I was lucky enough to catch a preseason game last monday!

My mom does the purchasing of leafs/raptors tickets and her boss gave her tickets to the very first preseason game. I was really excited since I'd heard so much about how fun leafs game and how much energy there is at the ACC. Kitty was even more excited than me, because she actually follows the Leafs, whereas I don't follow hockey at all (Leafs included....so shoot me).

Anyway, I drove all the way in from Waterloo to Kipling so we could subway downtown. There was a baseball game as well going on that day, so we figured the traffic would be unmanageable. After picking up a couple of junior chickens we headed in.

I've been to the ACC many times, so this wasn't new. Something new was that we had Air Canada Club Access seats, which meant we went up to a level right above the main level gates. Up there was a bar and various foods for sale, with couches and bar tables. The seats were at the top of the lower bowl along the side, so they were really good IMO. The tickets says $179.50, so they are pretty decent.

Onto the actual game. The Leafs suck. They were playing Buffalo, who made it to the finals last year. It wasn't a sellout crowd, only 18,000+ (I thought all Leaf games sellout! Even preseason! guess not...) and they were pretty quiet. It didn't help that the leafs were constantly outplayed and outhustled. Buffalo players were skating circles around the Leafs and there wasn't anything that the Leafs could do to prevent it. Then the Leafs started getting a bunch of penalties and then Buffalo started scoring. That really killed the energy in the building and made for an unexciting game. The final score was 4-0, so we didn't even get to celebrate one goal.

Wasn't as crazy as I expected, and there were several times I had to boo the Leafs. The only time the crowd got excited was when there were fights. Two fights occurred and it looked like the Leafs won both of them, and they were kinda exciting, but not something that really got me going.

Anyway, I was disappointed with my Leafs experience unfortunately and I'm the type that really enjoys live sporting events. So....Go Raptors!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home