Thursday, April 19, 2007

Boring Diary Post

Haven't updated in a while. Lot's of people clicked on my link for the "My Toronto is" voting, so hopefully many votes were submitted. I wonder how much Matt's one comment skewed the voting. I was hoping more people would comment, since so many of you clicked through!

Even though it's boring, what have I been up to lately?

My parents are off in China/Korea/Taiwan for work/vacation and my sister is back in Queens so no one is in the Toronto home and therefore, there's no one to cook my weekend and Monday/Tuesday meals. I bought a four pack of steaks for $18, so I've been happily eating that this week. So far one's gone in the oven, the other on the foreman grill and tonight's will be pan fried. Any suggestions for the last one? Unfortunately, Steaks don't make for great pictures for BiteMe, since it's just brown. Bacon looks so much more appetizing.

I've caught a little bug so I have a slight sore throat and cough, but nothing serious. I'm finding I need a lot of rest this week though. Yeah, that's my excuse for not posting. It's also my excuse for not working out this week.

My computer started working again spontaneously, and since ATI is all out of stock of discounted cards, I'll try to hold out on making a new purchase until they have some more in stock. I keep my computer turned on all the time now for fear of it not working again.

Been playing a lot of Civilization IV recently. I only started playing because I read an article in Wikipedia about the Mongols and then hours later, had proceeded to read several (dozen) more articles. Then I felt like taking over the world myself. Since that's not practical in real life, I'll do it virtually and hence the Civ IV playing. Civ IV supports multiplayer, so this could be an idea for our next LAN party. Although it could potentially suck for someone that died early or if someone got ganged up on. Still, any supporters?

Started to read Joy Luck Club, which should be required reading for all CBC/ABC, especially first generation emigrants. Perhaps not as relevant to HKers though.

I had no idea you could get season tickets for the Blue Jays for only $95! Sweet deal, and could be fun if you go with fun people (because the game itself isn't that exciting). Too bad I live in the wrong city.

Played some Charades with Taboo cards in Reety's really sweet condo. How do you do "Billy the Kid" in charades?

Played some Settlers of Catan, which was fun, but not the greatest in the world. I still want to try Carcassonne, the other classic tile game. Apparently they've made these games for Xbox Live so it could be fun online as well, but you'd miss out on the social interaction (read: arguing) with your friends.

Haven't heard from a lot you recently, so what have you been up to?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Hung said...

I did vote, for the "Picture it your way" who I felt is the clear winner.

I wish I live in Toronto, just so I can go see Blue Jays games
$95 get you 500-level seats, day-of game though. Again, RFD provides all the deals one needs to know

4/20/2007 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home