Sunday, February 22, 2004

Reading Week Fun

Went up to Blue Mountain on friday for a day of skiing. And it was really fun! Even more fun than I expected! Trying to do the jumps and wiping out in the mogul sections was fun. I decided to ski this year and not try to learn to snowboard. The first time i tried snowboarding I had to stop halfway through the day because it hurt too much. Victor tried snowboarding for the second time ever and I'm sure he was plenty sore. Jeff Wentworth, who read on this blog that I was going skiing, wanted to go as well and even offered to drive the Etobicoke folk. He was even nice enough to drive to Korean BBQ on Hwy 7 afterward. Thanks Jeff. Blogging does have its advantages :) Thanks for organizing Victor!

Being back at home was very relaxing...I just vegged for the few days I was home. I had access to cable TV. I managed to watch some UFC for the first time. That stuff is pretty violent, yet enthralling.

Valentine's last week fun. We went to a local Waterloo restaurant called Rushes. On the way there, I got a phone call from Barry. You know what he was asking? He was asking me if it was possible for me to tape the NBA all-star dunk contest for him. They had a special Valentine's day menu, as many places seem to have, that can be seen here. Did you know that wilted pea sprouts taste exactly like bean sprouts? I guess that shouldn't be too surprising. I've never had snails before and I tried that. It didn't have a very strong taste, but the texture blended really well with the portabello mushroom. The filet of beef topped with chantrelles (which is just another type of mushroom) was also very tasty. A nice touch was having a pianist playing some jazzy pop arrangments in the background. We actually ended up having dinner over a span of 3 hours!

I'm currently watching the NBA rookie game and the All-star game. I downloaded it off of BitTorrent, and unfortunately it is in Mandarin. But I can't complain much, I downloaded 333 megs in 47 minutes! Check out how much I uploaded for the slam dunk contest:


I still haven't been able to download the whole thing...


I can understand some of it, but it's also kinda funny. From what I can make out, they are constantly talking about Yao Ming as if he's the only player on the court. Another interesting point was that Bosh was playing alot at what seemed like point guard. He was dribbling and bringing the ball up the court a lot. At the halftime entertainment, there was a performer call Michael Mcdowell. The chinese announcers pronounced it Michael Mcdonald. And it's always funny when the chinese announcers say BOOZEr. :) Boozer is currently my favourite player. I have him on my fantasy team and he's tearing it up. He also kicked some ass at the Rookie/Sophmore game. Plus, I still chuckle whenever I hear his name....I even changed my team name from "Chairman Yao" to "Chairman BOOZEr".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home