Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wii [update 5]


No time for words, must unpack and play!

[update 1] I successfully connected WiFi to the Wii and I'm now waiting for the firmware update to complete.

My MSN name is currently "Playing with my Wii"
Tim's is "Jealous of Nelson's Wii"
Keith's is "Should I play with Nelson's Wii"

Now if you didn't know what a Wii is, that could sound bad...

[update 2]
Played Wii Sports with Mike and Gary. It was fun. I like boxing the best so far, followed closely by bowling and golf. We already hit a bunch of furniture, and walls with our remotes due to large swings. That's an indication of how fun it is!

Tried out Zelda as well, and it looks quite good graphically. I was looking all over for component cables, but no store is selling them. I want to get it for this weekend, just so I can have 480p instead of 480i (component), but I'll have to see. My local EB is getting some on tuesday, but they cost $45!!!! Is it worth it?

[update 3] Part of the reason for getting the Wii was for the awesome multiplayer gameplay. I think playing games with friends is the most fun, because there is a social component to gaming. So far, Wii Sports doesn't look like it benefits much from having more than 2 players. The only game that would be good for is Tennis.

I had reserved one extra remote and nunchuk and it was a good thing I did. I went around everywhere looking for more, but everywhere was completely sold out. For example, Best Buy had 60 units, but only 20 extra remotes. EB had 40 units, but only 10 or so remotes and 4 nunchuks, etc. Best Buy even had all their Wii Points cards sold out!

I think I'm going to start on Monkeyball soon. It has 50 party games!!! If I have to unlock them all, like the previous monkeyball games, I better start now and work quickly. I think that's the only game that the extra remotes would be truly worthwhile. So I'll check in at the retailers later in the week and see if I can pick up some more remotes...

PS I am going to return Red Steel due to craptacular reviews.

[update 4]
Turns out that all the party games are unlocked already. Excellent! They are pretty fun too, for a party type of game. 4 player should be even more fun!

[update 5] I'm disappointed that my local EB Games didn't get this T-shirt . That's a cool T-shirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger whoami said...

Must resist.... wii.... thought i was gonna get work done this weekend instead of wii, turns out i was wrong - damn evil distractions! hopefully i'll get to check out the wii soon after i get some work done ><

11/20/2006 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home