Wednesday, February 05, 2003


T & T

My sister was back from University this weekend for New Year's, so we wanted to do something together as a family. And as entertaining as it sounds, we decided to go to a supermarket. But not any supermarket....T&T's!

It's a big chain chinese of chinese supermarkets that opened a location recently in Thornhill. Which is actually really, really close to my friend Victor's house....and how do I know this? We took a wrong turn while trying to get there and ended up passing his street. Anyway, all this probably sounds weird...me getting excited about going to a supermarket...but really I was pretty excited... (which is kinda sad now that I think about it...)

But the supermarket itself is pretty clean...that's a big plus for chinese places. It also has english signs everywhere, perfect for someone like me, who can't read the chinese. The day I went (Chinese New Year, no less) they were giving out free samples of all kinds of food...jerky, chocolate, shrimp and other chinese foods that I don't know how to say in English. They have a massive store, so there's a lot of variety....so many chinese snacks that I want to try them all! They also have a lot of tanks with all sorts of exotic seafood and a large bakery section with chinese buns. They have a section with ready made food (including sushi), that looked really appetizing. I don't really know what else to say...just that it was fun for some odd reason....I must be getting old.

Been pretty busying doing my Correspondence course, Mathematical Physics II, which is actually pretty hard. I'm considering dropping the physics option and concentrating on my core courses to get my grades up. I don't know if an option is worth it, but some of those advanced courses do sounds pretty interesting...

Trying to go to Western this weekend, even though my midterm is just around the corner. Tim from Mac will be up there this weekend, and it'll be cool seeing him again. Strange thing is, Tim and I chat over ICQ just about every night! Haha, and it's always about the same thing....Fantasy Basketball!!! Which by the way, I'm second in right now and making a run for first. Go Yao! But to get back on the topic of Western, I can't figure out a way to get there! We might rent a car, but I really don't know. I haven't been to Western in such a long time, but I think it'll be lot's of fun to go back. The only bad thing about going this weekend is missing out on my class (electrical eng) dinner this weekend, but I guess that can be a pleasant backup plan.

Anyway, off to play some ball. :)

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home