Wednesday, January 22, 2003



A New Year

And changes are afoot.

First of, my blogging partner Mike, will no longer be blogging, which means I'm looking for a new blogging partner! So if there's anyone out there wanting to blog w/ me please tell me. I'm looking to change the URL and title of the page and maybe even the look of the page. So please apply!

In other news,I have finally found a job! I had decided not to blog until I found one. Well now I have a job and you are reading this. So far this term, I've had 11 interviews! Eleven!!! Some interviews were for really good jobs, such as ATI, March Networks, an ECE Professor, Certicom and Honeywell. But I didn't get any of them. Therefore, I have a big problem. My interview skills blow. Either that, or my technical skills aren't good enough. Either way, I've got something to really work on. I went to a job search workshop today, and got a few tips on interview skills, but nothing major that I wasn't already doing.

Anyway, my job is with a small software consulting company that does a lot of their work for the GTAA (Greater Toronto Airport Authority, my previous employers). That is actually how I got the job; while working at the GTAA, I met a contractor working there. Turns out he was a Waterloo Systems graduate and started his own company. It's a really small company, less than 10 people and I think it'll be a very good experience to work in such a small company. I'm a little worried about my programming skills though, because I done any programming for almost a year now! But I think a challenging work term is a good work term. I'll definitely learn something.

I had a good Christmas. Maybe I'll summarize it tomorrow, I have to sleep now and be ready for my first day of work tomorrow.

Oh, one more thing...was in a minor car accident today with whanger and matt wong. It was whanger's old 91 corolla car. We're all ok. But the car isn't in good shape. Anyway sleep now, I think matt will blog about it in detail.

Nice to be back....hopefully people are still reading this page.

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home