Tuesday, July 22, 2003

The Bet

Well we got midterms results back about two weeks ago, and I've only now managed to get around to blog about it. I guess I've sorta been busy the last little while....labs, quizzes, assignments, etc....and I'm still behind!

So if anyone remembers, I had my bet on marks with Keith again this year, but this time, the person with the higher marks gets the money. We exchange money based upon the percent differential and we set the cap at $45 this year. This year we actually reached the cap of $45! I was a little surprised that our marks differed so greatly. I had some dumb mistakes....One calculator mistake cost me 10% on the midterm and 3% of my final mark in a course. That hurts.

Anyway, the final mark differential between Keith and I turned out to be +57% for me. This also means that I get to buy Keith an expensive meal. He chose Red Lobster's Bottomless Bucket of Crab Legs. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get out there yet, but I'm looking for to it :) I mean how can I not look forward to a good meal?

Jo and Diana came up unexpectedly this weekend - which turned out to be a lot of fun. We saw Bad Boys II, which I didn't actually like too much. Some parts were funny and the chemistry between the two lead actors is pretty good, but the action was for the most part inane. I almost fell asleep when the Bad Boys INVADED CUBA!!! Yup, seriously, they invade Cuba. Even though that may sound cool, it's not really. This took up approximately the last half hour of the movie of a long 2.5 hour movie. But there were some genuinely good laughs sprinkled throughout.

We also hung out at Richard's place and played some X-box, which he won in a mini-solar car competition. The car he built was really cool. Just put it out in sunlight and when the solar cell charged the capacitor enough, it would discharge to the motor and just scooted along. Engineering should do more cool things like that, instead boring us with so much theory all the time. I think it would be best for everyone if they mixed some design/project work with our school work. Speaking of school work, we're gearing up for our fourth year design project already. We're in the design phase right now and even though we have quite a few ideas, we're still searching for even better ones. So if anyone out there has thought of a Electrical Engineering project, please share it with me. It'll be much appreciated.

PS Mengke Bateer is a chinese basketball player, but a pretty bad one... But it's cool that Toronto has a chinese bballer on their team now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home