Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Kobe

First of all, i didn't even hear about this story breaking until i surfed over to my blog. I must be in some kind of bubble. Anyway, I'd have to agree with Mike....the whole thing seems so out of character for someone like Kobe. He's a familiy guy (already married a few years ago), with a beyond squeaky clean record and seems like a person that is the complete opposite of a thug. So I guess we'll just have to wait for more facts to come out. The one thing that worries me is the "physical evidence." What I first thought about this when it first broke is how it would affect his public perception. Well, obviously negatively, but besides that, is his already image tarnished, regardless of the outcome? I know it hasn't affected my opinion of him...yet.

Anyway, about the Raptor'd draft pick. I think it's a fairly good pick. I was realy disappointed when they lost out in the draft. I would have been very happy with the third pick, let alone the first or second. But with the fourth pick it seems like we got a good player. Unfortunately, they have been comparing Bosh to a Keon Clark, with more offense. That could be trouble. A good sign is that he worked out for Detroit and Denver, the teams with the 2nd and 3rd pick, because he thought that he might have something that would force them to reconsider. I definitely don't think T.J. Ford would have been a good pick, so I'm glad about that. I would have liked to see Glen Grunwald to have traded up and snag Lampe when he went through his free-fall because of potential contract problems.

In other basketball news, a crap player named Anthony Carter forgot to do some paperwork that would have resulted in him getting paid $4.5 million next year. So instead, he's going to have some trouble getting on a team at all, let alone get paid. Sucks to be him. And also, Damon Stoudemaire got caught with drugs again. Apparently, he was the metal detector went off when he was boarding a plane at an airport. He proceeds to empty his pockets and gets out his marijuana wrapped in foil and other drug paraphernalia and puts it onto the tray. Then he got caught. Yup.

One last sports-related topic: Check out this video of some "matrix-like" ping-pong players. Chris Erven passed it on to me and I think it's pretty funny.

Oh yeah, one last thing: Terminator 2 is a classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home