Saturday, July 05, 2003

Hey Hey

Yes, I haven't blogged in a while, but I've been busy! Actually, I haven't got the chance to just surf around on the internet recently. It's strange, it seems that the more free time that I have, the less I blog and that whenever I have a lot of work, I seem to blog more. I guess it's one of the many things I do to procrastinate.

So why all the free time? Well I never liked doing work after midterms, even though it's the time to catch up. Actually, there have been quite a few labs the past few weeks, and that requires me to be in the lab at school. Otherwise, I was home the whole long weekend, spending very little time on the computer.

So where was I on the long weekend? I was spending money. I could be in one of those Mastercard commercials:

Canada Wonderland's Tickets: $30...
Funnel cake: $8...
Midnight Snack at Congee Wong's: $15...
Taking Family out to a Chinese restaurant: $48...
Ribfest Ribs: $50...

A Growing Gut: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard. Accepted everywhere....except RibFest.

No, I'm just kidding...I don't have a growing gut, but I really did spend $50 on ribs last weekend. I'm working out regularly and playing a lot of sports, so hopefully it's going into muscles and not fat. Especially gut fat.

Ribfest is becoming an annual tradition. I went to ribfest 3 out of the 5 days this year, which is low, because last year, I think I went 3 out of the 4 days. Oh, another thing...when I went with my high school friends on sunday, Keith suggested we go see Bad Boys 2 afterwards. He really wanted to see it quite badly and kept insisting. Good thing we eventually decided not to go, because it's not even out yet!!!! Keith, what a guy.

I did go see T3 last night though. It was pretty entertaining for an action movie. I enjoyed it, partly because I had very, very low expectations for it. There were a bunch of warning signals about the production of the film: James Cameron, Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong all wouldn't touch the project. They had to pay unbelievable amounts of money to get Arnold back. The commercials made it look really dumb. And the new Terminator was some chick. Now don't get me wrong, the new Terminator is easy on the eyes, but the Terminator is suppose to be scary! She wasn't at all frightening. I remember when I was watching T2 as a kid that Robert Patrick's T1000 was scary. He just wouldn't die! He was invincible and unstoppable! In fact, my most frequently re-occuring nightmare is me being chased by people that are trying to kill me...and I can't run fast enough to get away, but I digress. It was nice to see the Terminator deadpanning unintentionally/intentionally funny lines again.

Tim, I don't think wanting to take 19th C. Russian Literature is that strange...or burying a nose into a book either. I look forward to upcoming courses as well....something that I would probably do more of if I was in arts though. Some EE courses are pretty boring and technical, some are interesting (i like my Digital Computers course right now), but in general, i'd imagine that arts courses are more interesting. Too bad they don't let me take more.... If only I could make a career out of being a student...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home