Saturday, June 21, 2003

Movies

I want to go see Hulk. Even if it doesn't look that good on the previews and even if I'm not much of a Hulk fan. I want to go see it to support Ang Lee. I'm worried about him, because if this movie is a bomb, which I suspect might happen, then he may have trouble getting more work. Or maybe if it is a bomb, he'll go back to doing less commercial work - without the big budgets and all the special effects (like Eat Drink Man Woman). But I probably won't have a chance to go see it with school, lack of transportation, etc. So everyone else do me a favour and go see it for me. ;)

Here's another movie that I want to see. Let me give you a quote from Roger Ebert about this movie first:
"Every once in a while I go to see a movie,
out of maybe 400 movies I see in a year, that with
its authority, and its mood, and its tone, and its tension,
simply captures you; totally absorbs you.
That's what CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES did to me...."


Besides that quote, I also want to see Charlotte Sometimes it because all the prinicipal actors are asians. And they are cast in a romance (well, the site advertises it as an anti-romance NOTE: there's a good bit near the end of that article comparing asians and african-americans, although I don't think the analogy is quite the same...) movie, which goes against typical asian stereotypes. It also turns out that the director, Eric Byler is good friends with Justin Lin, the director of Better Luck Tomorrow. I wasn't able to watch that in theatres, and I probably won't have a chance to see this one....but who knows, maybe I could go down to the States to watch it, since it's NOT playing anywhere in Canada.

Now if only I could get around to watching all the movies I need to watch. The queue is growing quite large. If only "dummy" things like this stop getting in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home