Monday, June 16, 2003

Co-op Job

I have one!

Unlike the previous few terms, I decided to apply to more realistic jobs in the first round. And I guess it worked. Now that I think about about it, I probably should have done this in the first place and work my way up to better and better jobs. Too late now....I only have one more work term after this one. Which also means I'll be graduating kinda soon.....scary.

Anyway, I got a job at Sensors & Software. The job title is "R&D Electrical Engineering, Applications Testing". The company itself employs around 40 people, which is fairly small, but at least this time around i'll be paid the engineering average (~$19/hour). I'm going to need the extra cash to help pay for the double school term coming up. The company designs, manufactures and sells ground penetrating radar instruments and associated software. I'll be doing a bunch of things, some lab and circuit testing, programming, field testing, developing calibration software, etc, etc. Sounds alright. It's a big relief this term, because i've landed a job in the first round and don't have to worry about job hunting later in the school year. Also, it's in Missisauga (403 & matheson), which is really close by. I really value living close to work. It frees up so much time and energy. So I'm happy about that. Especially since there are a lot of 4th year E&CE students (approx 4-5 classes) competing for jobs this term. I really feel sorry for the 1B students looking for jobs this term. They're going to have a tough time finding anything at all.

Plus, the midterm I just wrote (Signals & Systems) was pretty easy. But the next few are going to be killer. Time to get back to studying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home