Thursday, September 04, 2003

Back to Work

Back from vacation and now I'm back to work...boo. But work is looking pretty interesting. I work at Sensors & Software (they make ground penetrating radar equipment) in the R&D department. I'll write more about when I have a better feel of my job.

Sounds like Tim is having a big week. A big PIMPING week....you know what I'm talking about. He's "facilitating" speed dating and introduces salsa dancing. He has his girls "hooching" it up and "everyone was doing it." He's got a sick ride in a golf cart, and he turned a big profit off of "MacPacs" This list goes on and on... haha, I'm just kidding Tim ;) But seriously, it sounds like all that hard work really paid off. I'm am always impressed with how much planning goes into this kind of stuff; I know that I personally wouldn't want to do any of that stuff, but it sounds like Tim has done an excellent job. I'm surprised that Tim even had the time to write about it this week! Good job Tim, because everyones knows that "pimping ain't easy." Just kidding Tim....I hope you're not offended.

Anway, exactly three weeks ago was the big blackout. And I have my own story - just like everyone else. The day of the blackout, thursday, was one day before I was to leave for a cruise in Europe. I was in the middle of washing my dirty clothes (that I had just brought back from University), when the power went out. Which meant that I had to pack dirty clothes and get it laundered on the cruise ship at rip-off rates. Argh. But the interesting part is that my classmate, Edward, was stranded in Toronto. He lives in Vancouver and his flight was cancelled, so he had nowhere to go and very little gas. So he called me up and he came over to stay the night. He was with his brother, Edwin, who is interestingly enough, an avid competitive fly fishing sportsman. To save the food in our fridge, We had to BBQ raw meats, chug milk and gorge on quickly melting ice cream. It turns out that they had to spend two nights over at my place. Which also meant that we left the house for them to lock up, because we had to leave for the cruise the next day. In fact, they still have my house key! They were good house guests though, and even nice enough to drive us to the airport. Thanks! Ironically, we got the power back just as we were heading out to the airport.

I plan to blog about my cruise the following week, paralling the weekdays from the cruise to this week. I'll even try to put some pictures up! So if this stuff bores you, you might want to tune out for a week.

PS Tim, I hope you're not offended...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home