Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Oscar Pick'ems....SIGN UP NOW!

Thanks Jeff for the quick response on the Oscars Pick'em game. This contest looks pretty good. I always had a problem with the Yahoo game weighting all the categories equally. This contests weighs each category differently and it also gives you points to spread across all the contenders in a given category. Looks complex...which I like (but easy enough for anyone to just sign up and finish their ballot in a matter of minutes). If you've ever read about my complex betting strategies with Keith over marks, you'll know what I mean.

So this is the plan.... Go sign up here:


http://www.fast-lane-productions.com/oscarcontest/login.asp?CID=77232

After the Oscar's are over, email/icq your results to me and I'll post them here. Then we'll compare and determine the winner. There will be no prize money (unless you win something off of this site...). This is all for pure fun and entertainment. I want to encourage as many people to participate (it's free after all). Usually, the only people that play are Vince, Patrick and myself (BTW Patrick is the defending champion). So I guess you don't even have to tell me you're participating and just tell me your results after the Oscars this Sunday.

Please signup as soon as possible. There is something about a deadline to make at least a few partial picks by this Fri! SO HURRY!

(BTW, i don't think it matters for anything except for prizes, but i choose the "(EXPERT) The Casablanca All-Stars" team category, seeing how the three of us usually place within the top 10% of the overall Yahoo rankings. Sign up to the same group if you wish).

Happy Pickings!

PS I just took a look at the point distribution, and they weigh the lesser categories with very few points. So the major categories are very important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home