Saturday, July 10, 2004

BOOZER playing with JAZZ!!!!

No, this post is not about an alcoholic playing Jazz music - it's about my favourite basketball player becoming a member of the Utah Jazz. How'd this happen? Apparantly, Boozer made a verbal agreement to resign with the Cavs. But then after getting released from his rookied contract, he just reneged on his verbal agreement and went for the bigger money. Before this story, Boozer preseneted himself as an honest hard-working, likeable guy. But now, pulling something like that makes me like him a little less. But I think he's still my favourite player...i'm just going to imagine that his agent/wife pressured him into taking that deal.

This means that I might have to cheer for the Jazz. They are a young, promising team, with a collection of talented players, without a massive superstar and an excellent coach. Their starting center is from Turkey (Okur, who happens to be getting married with Miss Turkey), their best player's nickname is AK47, and they have BOOZER - what's not to like?

Although, it is disappointing that we don't get to watch BOOZER and Lebron James form the nucleus of a promising and exciting Cav team destined for greatness. Instead you'll have to watch the combo of James and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Catchy, eh?

The Raptors, meanwhile have announced that they've signed Rafer "Skip to my Lou" Alston. FOR 6 YEARS!!! That's going to be trouble. Although I know this is a low-point in the Raptor's franchise, and a true fan should stick by their team through the bad and the good times, I feel like switching my allegiance. But for now, I think i'll cheer for both the Raptor's and the Jazz.

Wait a second, I forgot another team that I want to cheer for. The Rockets, which now employs both Yao and McGrady. I don't know who to cheer for anymore!

If only the Raptors were able to sign Steve Nash. But he was way overpaid. Mark Cuban has a good take on the situation on his blog.

P.S. wow, this post was really suited more for the guys interested in baskeball. So if basketball bores you, read the previous post.

P.P.S Amid all this talk of booze, check out this link to reaffirm your hate for people who drink and drive. (thanks to Kevin's link site for the link)

P.P.P.S. Just at a party last night that involved some drama which involved alcohol. But that's not a story to be told here or preferably ever. It just re-emphasizes my belief that drinking alcohol requires responsibilty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home