Monday, November 20, 2006

Wii First Impression

So after 10 hours of gameplay yesterday...I'm tired. Actually physically tired and I don't think it's just from the long gaming session, but some is probably from the physical movements involved.

The Wii actually keeps track of how long you play each game, so I know that I played 10 hours yesterday. I spent about 2 hours playing Zelda, 3 hours playing multiplayer Monkeyball and 3-4 hours playing Wii Sports. The other time was spent on the shopping channel and Mii creation.

Zelda --> Seems like it's going to be a great game. The sound coming from the remote is really low quality and kinda annoying, but that's the only complaint so far. I hope they come out with later Wii-motes where that is improved. I got stuck near the beginning, because I didn't know how to fish...in real life. They give you a fishing rod with a bob and hook to begin. I sat around waiting for fish to get on the hook with no success. What I forgot was that when the bob is sinking/moving in the water, it means the fish are biting. You're suppose to yank on the rod to hook the fish and then just pull it out. Of course, in Zelda, you just yank on the remote when the bob is moving and you'll get a fish on. Thankfully Mike walked in and told me how to fish...I'm a retard.

Monkeyball --> It has 50 party games, and they are all unlocked. I tried about 40-45 of them so far, and they seem like fun. Some are really crappy, and other seem like a lot of fun. The toughest ones are the ones where you have to use the remote in a 2D plane (like wack-a-mole), because it's tough to get a sense of how far to move the remote. Should be fun in a multiplayer setting though.

Wii Sports --> The control scheme is quite good for this game and makes use of it the best IMO. I think this was the game that got me tired the most and making full motions to correspond with the on screen actions made the experience more enjoyable. We managed to bash some furniture and walls, but no serious damage. One time, I lost my grip on the controller and the remote would have went flying if not for the wrist strap...thanks goodness. I think my arms are a little sore as well.

Mii This is really fun, and I've posted about this before. The one that I linked to before had a couple more options to customize than the actual one included on the Wii, but it's still quite good. I attempt to create Mii Avatars of all the people that are coming over on Saturday before they arrive. I'll see how it goes. So far I have ten people coming. And surprisingly, the first to respond was a girl (not named Kitty). That's good though, because hopefully the Wii will be able to attract all types of people!

PS Can't wait to go home and add Edmond as my Wii Friend.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...ur obsession with the Wii is a little scary...

11/20/2006 9:58 PM  
Blogger whoami said...

wii wii, pee pee, wii wii, pee pee!

Damn all you ppl telling/tempting me to get a wii

11/20/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

who else is tempting you?

11/20/2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

Nice

11/21/2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger whoami said...

labmate, cousin, schoolmate, your blog/reviews/net

11/23/2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger whoami said...

and just recently old classmate, but not as much since he's busy playing raving rabbits on his wii

11/23/2006 12:14 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Yeah, I bought Raving Rabbits for Wii as well, but haven't opened it yet. I think I will tonight, if I'm not too busy creating Miis.

So all these people got a Wii? what is their friend number, haha...

11/23/2006 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home