Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rage Against the Machine

Rage Against the Machine is getting back together and playing live tonight at Coachella. That would be something worth seeing. I went over to their website to see if they had any streaming video/audio, which would be really cool. They have streaming audio/video and after installing stuipid DRM Windows Media Player 11, I could get a stream. But it turns out they aren't streaming anything on RATM. Actually I just checked, they are on at 11PM PST, so no chance I'll catch them tonight. Oh well...I guess I should just be happy they are back together.

Something not worth seeing is the fucking Raptor's game. Down by over 30 in the 3rd quarter is just inexcusable. Bosh is really sucking in this series, like most of the other Raptors (except TJ). But I suppose that can be expected since the Raps have no playoff experience whatsoever. Bosh needs to get use to how physical the playoffs are, and hopefully he'll come back next year better prepared. Also, anyone notice how the crowd is affecting Vince? He can't play in Toronto because the booing is so loud. I think he's the type that wants other people to like him and he is obviously not liked in Toronto. The booing and chanting of "VC sucks" (as my coworker and cousins tell me from being there firsthand) definitely gets to him, even if he won't admit it. I thought Raps had a chance in the series, but looks like I'll have to look forward to next year.

Anyway, I'll end with a quote from Tom Morello, from RATM: Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not," he said. "It occurred to all of us that the times were right to see if we can knock the Bush administration out in one fell swoop, and we hope to do that job well. This administration has done enough damage that it may take generations to undo. This is an administration that believes it's beyond the laws of the land, which is fine for emperors, but not so great for presidents. One thing this president isn't above is the laws of physics, and there is no action without reaction. And we're part of that reaction."

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cary said...

That was the most pathetic bball game I've ever seen.

4/30/2007 12:05 AM  
Blogger Jerry Hung said...

I quit after half-time
and I see people starting to sell Game 5 tickets at discount

No playoff experience really sucks, and we need an "explosive" guy, or Kidd/Nash will do :)

4/30/2007 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this still "Hu's Blog Plus Guest Bloggers?" This post sounds an awful lot like it can from Tim... :)

4/30/2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Haha, who are you anonymous? No, this post is from me, and I do like RATM. The first song I ever played for Guitar Hero was Killing in the Name of, and that was hella fun.

I think TJ Ford is explosive enough, but no playoff experience is hurting. Also, Sam Mitchell is not a good coach and I think the one to blame for the playoff fiasco. The voters are retarded and voted him coach of the year, when all the credit should go to the GM. In fact, I think he's one of the worse coaches in the NBA and I still can't believe he won Coach of the Year.

4/30/2007 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, nice. Anonymous = Jeff. I think I was drunk when I wrote that. Rage on!

Jeff

5/03/2007 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home