Monday, December 04, 2006

Wiikend Update

Another wiikend, and more Wii.

After work on friday, I drove all the way to Richmond Hill for some AYCE sushi and chinese/japanese buffet...at the same restaurant. It's a place called Wasabi and I think it opened fairly recently. The link has a lot of pics of the food at that place, so check it out. It's a little pricey, $22 on Friday night, but there's quite a lot of choice. Strangely enough, I think I'd prefer it if there wasn't so much choice, because my stomach was split between all that seafood (so much crab, yum) and buffet food versus the sushi. Still, both the buffet and the sushi was tasty...I also enjoyed the chocolate fondue fountain for dessert :)

(BTW, that food review site also just recently reviewed burrito boys (Official site), a recent discovery and a quick favourite).

Afterwards, we hit up Victor's house (like ten of us uninvited) and played Wii and Smash. Hmm, I mentioned that I was trying to be an ambassador for the Wii in one of my previous posts....how successful have I been in the past 2 weeks? I count over 35 people that I've introduced it to so far. Not too bad in a short amount of time.

Even though I haven't played it in a long time, Smash was really fun. Such good game design. I'm pretty bad at it, but it's still fun.... especially when it's 2v2 teams, and as usual I pair up with Pandemic with our favourtie characters, Zelda & Roy. I'm looking forward to the next iteration of Smash on the Wii....can't wait!

Saturday, I went to Bangkok Garden with Kitty. Expensive restaurant (aimed at white ppl...we were the only asian customers there), but nicely decorated and the food and service was good. Thai food that is expensive is oxymoronic, but I digress. Will came by after dinner (should have been before the show, but dinner took longer than expected) and dropped of a Wii-mote and nunchuk for me...that was really nice of him, thanks!



Afterward we attended the show Wicked. I'm not a huge fan of theatre, but this show was pretty good - definitely creative and clever. I think the reason it was so interesting was because you want to know how they tied all the characters into the original Wizard of Oz story. At the end, I took a picture of Kitty and myself and a usher came over to ask us to delete the pictures. Apparently the whole interior of the theatre is copyrighted and you're not allowed to take pictures...even if the picture has hardly any part of the theatre in it.

I also finished the story mode for Rayman Raving Rabbids this weekend. Once again I'd like to reiterate that that game is hilarious.

In summary, a fun Wiikend :)

2 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

yeah i'm like out of shape wrt Smash, Russell & Horace beat Victor and I so badly hahah mostly my fault though.

12/04/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

yeah, i forgot about mines in smash...i picked it up and then threw it and walked into it, forgetting what it was...then i forgot that the big round pokemon was a big bomb....almost died to it, but luckily Russell reminded me...

Yeah, we had a tough time matching up with Russell and Horace...but we won the last two matches! Hooray or yay for flukes!

12/04/2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home