Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wii Party

I had a really fun weekend, thanks to good friends and the Wii. As I blogged about before, I had people over for a Wii party on Saturday. I was expecting a few more people to show up, but I think in the end the numbers worked out, with everyone getting a lot's of chances to play. I bought a little too much food, but extra food means I get to bring it back to Waterloo with me :) At the supermarket where I bought the meat, I had ordered a small tray of shaved meats, but they only had large trays left, so I got that instead for the price of a small tray. sweet.

Anyway, here's some pics of us playing. In all the excitement, I forgot to take pictures myself.


Vince and I boxing...boxing is my favourite Wii Sports game.



Cary's Mii....I think one of my better creations



Tim nonchalantly plays tennis.



Chobodude/Victor getting his ass handed to him by a girl hanging on for a boxing win.

Also, Cary recorded a video of Vince getting out-boxed by a girl.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good time and ate their fill...thanks for coming!




Turns out my cuz dropped in later that night (while I was still out for dinner) and also enjoyed playing. From what I hear, he also got his ass handed to him by his gf.

Then the next day, I brought it up to Kitty's house and a bunch of her friends & family came over to play. They had fun too, especially with boxing. I, of course, didn't let any girls beat me at boxing ;)

Well it was a fun-filled wiikend. Mike is coming back next weekend...anyone up for some more Wii? Or is everyone wiied out and I should find another topic to blog about?

PS I've been playing Rayman Raving Rabbids this week and that game is a lot of fun...plus it's funny as well. At first I thought maybe it was a mistake buying it, but I have no regrets now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cary said...

Thanks again for hosting! Check with Mike about when he'll be back - he said Sunday night to me

11/29/2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I did not get my ass handed to me by a girl, I beat her at boxing.

I'll admit it was a close one, though. Didn't really read the instructions at the beginning.

Thanks for setting up the party :)

11/29/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

haha, so is that what it takes for you to comment? hahaha. Yeah, I'm mistaken....I thought she won all her matches, but I guess I was wrong...

11/29/2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

plus even though I may write it like it's a bad thing, there is no shame in losing to girls. My sister beat me at Mariokart DD and that's ok with me.

11/29/2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Matt,

Gmail has a 10MB attachment limit. I recommend www.yousendit.com or you can try Cary's ftp.

For boxing, I find that the controls are really really responsive. I've played quite a bit and have figured out how to play and I find there's not much randomness to it. The action I want happens pretty much when I want them to...except for hooks, I haven't figured out how to do those consistently. There is also a training mode to the game that hones your skills more....anyway, play a bit more, then judge it...

11/30/2006 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did Grace post the 4th comment? lol

12/04/2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

nah i posted it...wii is about encouraging everyone to use it, especially girls, so i don't want to make it sound bad. I pwn her at original mariokart and mariokart64 though

12/05/2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home