Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sick

I am sick with the flu. And it sucks. Day three so far, and no improvement. I missed work today as well. I've been having 16 hours of sleep per day the last few couple of days. Skip the rest of this entry as I'm just venting.

To make matters worse, there was a leak at my place. I was sleeping in my bed and I suddenly hear the sound of dripping water. Dripping water that is very close by. I look around for the source of the water and discover my pillow is wet. There is water dripping from the vent directly above me. I hurried to get a bucket to collect the water. Eventually we had to turn off the water mains. Being sick and not being able to use the washroom is no fun. Mike/Maggie called in a plumber to fix the problem (leaky/frozen valve) and it was fixed.

On top of all that, I had moved my computer away from the leaky area, in case it got worse and my computer got wet. I hooked it back up and discovered my graphics cards is not working properly. I have no 3D acceleration, and my computer is acting funny.

I can't check my work email either, because there seems to be connection problem with the webmail. So I'll likely have to go in sometime today....suxors.

Anyway, if you've made it this far, sorry for complaining so much. G'night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cary said...

Hey Nels,

Moving an all-in-wonder can unseat the card. Just remove the card and re-seat it, it should be fine.

Cary

1/18/2007 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon bro.

Grace

1/22/2007 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home