Thursday, April 17, 2008

Playoffs Here I come

Raptor Playoff tickets went on sale to the general public last Saturday at 11 AM. So Saturday at 10:50 AM I start hitting F5 in Firefox. Surprisingly, the site is not slow at all, so I slow down. Right at 11AM, the page loads and there's an option to buy tickets. I quickly look for some upper bowl tickets hit search....and seats are found!! OMG! I quickly fill in my purchasing info and I have a pair of Raptor Playoff Tickets! Yay!

I tried searching for more, but by 11:10 AM they were all sold out. I have never been to a Raptor playoff game before so it should be exciting. Unfortunatly, my prediction for the series is Raptors will lose in 4 (five at most), and I have tickets to game 4. Nevertheless, ACC will be rocking because the Raptor fans never disappoint. Man, I'm so excited!

Like I've mentioned before, this has been an amazing NBA season. Here are my thoughts on the playoffs.

Lakers VS Denver: Lakers in 6. Kobe will be too much for Denver to handle, but I think Denver can win some games at home, especially behind the offense of Iverson and Melo. Gasol will have trouble with Camby and Kmart, but overall I doulbt Denver's D. Oh yeah, Kobe has to stay away from resorts and 19 year old girls and Lakers should win.

New Orleans vs Dallas: I'm picking New Orleans in 6. Even though I have only watched one New Orleans game, I think they will surprise as they have during the regular season. New Orleans really seem like a cohesive unit, while the Mavs haven't looked good with Kidd. I think Kidd is past his prime. The x factor will be whether Dirk can forget about the last two season and play like the Dirk of old.

Suns vs Spurs: Unforunately I didn't watch any of the later Suns game beyond the first two weeks with Shaq. From what I've read, they've been playing well, so I'll pick the dog and go with the Suns in 7. SA is getting older and Horry won't be around to cause trouble.

Houston vs Utah: Houston is banged up and overacheived, but I think their luck has run out. I really like Utah's team and I think they can do better than they did during the regular season. Sloan will have them prepared to battle, so Utah in 5.


BOS vs ATL: Bos in 4. Not much to say here.

Philly vs Detroit: Detroit in 4. Again, not much to say here.

Orlando vs Toronto: Toronto has been playing like crap. Calderon needs to start again, Bargnani needs to wake up and Bosh won't be able to handle playoff defense and the additional contact allowed by the refs. Who will guard Howard? Moon and Parker will have their hands full with Rashard and Turk, and I don't expect them to do well. Toronto will have to push their advantage at PG and hope Howard bricks all this free throws. Orlando in 5.

Wizards vs Cavs: The most exciting Eastern conference matchup, which is also the 5th most exciting matchup after every single Western conference series. The Cav's supporting cast is abysmal, while the Wiz have a well-balanced team playing well together. I think the Wiz will have the upper hand, but it'll take 7 games despite Lebron's inevitable brilliance.

This is the only time of the year that I wish I had cable TV. I guess streaming will have to do. And most importantly, I'll be able to watch a game live! I'm so pumped!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Hung said...

Cable TV alone is not enough, you gotta have the right channels too

e.g. for today Saturday, Only NBA you see is ABC Spurs vs Suns for basic cable

For me, it's a tiresome day as I got 3 months trial package which includes Raptor/NBA TV, which broadcasts 3 other playoff games tonight - Cavs/Wizards, Mavs/Hornets 7-10pm, Rockets/Jazz 1-3am!!!

Not to mention Jays and some NHL
oh boy, Sunday will be fun

4/20/2008 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home