Saturday, October 05, 2002

Ah, the end of another week, which of course means I'm behind in my work for yet another week!

I plan to start one of my courses this weekend though...i have no idea what's going on, i don't even attend the lectures....so i think it's about time i started to figure out what that course is about...

So wed, i went to the Dimensions dance, which is yes, a fob dance. But it was actually quite fun. Hung out with Kitty's friends, but i also saw a few of my friends there too. Did some slow dancing, which I hadn't done in a very, very long time. And of course I had a partner :) I actually recognized a few of the chinese songs, like the KISS video one and the one from Sassy Girl. And somehow they were able to keep FED hall open to 3, so we stayed to the end (we got there close to 12). So yeah, my 8:30 lab the next morning was done half asleep...good thing i have a partner...but he didn't even read the lab beforehand!!! Oh well it was easy and we did it really quick and finished before all the other groups. I guess I was more awake than I thought.

Thurs night was .... Friends!!! No, actually I don't have TV at home, which totally sucks, since I miss all the shows. Last term when i was living w/ my cousin Rob, watching friends was a house activity we all did together. But this term, no one wanted to pay for cable, so the only thing we use the TV for is MarioKart64. And trust me, we play that game a lot. Well at least i'm not addicted to it... if it were a computer game i'd be in trouble. Anyway what I actually did on thurs was go to Social Dance Class. And it turns out that it was a lot more fun than I expected! At first, it was dan&cynthia who suggested going to some sort of dance thing, but of course they decided not to in the end. So now we go with two of Kitty's friends. Her friend drives, so that's very convenient and nice of her....hmmmm, having a car for myself would be very nice...but what an impossibility. So anyway, that's what I'll be doing thurs nights.

And tonight (fri), was a night of moderate drinking after finishing up my lab test. First I went out with Andy's friend's to a local bar for dinner and drinks. Andy's girlfriend, Lisa, from Western (3rd year health sci) was up for the weekend. I hung out with a bunch of Andy's friends, which was cool... I actually spent quite some time discussing basketball with a fellow fan. Ah, such a guy thing, talking about sports, but what a common thing that so many guys can relate to. Anyway after dinner & drinks, headed over to Chard's place and polished off my whiskey (not by myself obviously...). Tried some of Tim's Costa Rican beer too. And of course, at Cary/Chard's/Chris/Keith/Barry's place, there's a ping pong table. And we had the bright idea of playing ping pong after we were pretty tipsy....ahhhh, what jokes. Surprisingly, the ECE team (richard and myself) played better than before the drinks, or maybe the SysE (pronounced Sissy) team (chris & cary (who just had a bit to drink)) just play worse when inebriated. Crap it, just realized i left my shot glasses over there, crap.

Time for sleep now, gotta wake up and go see some Raptors tomorrow.

PS did anyone notice how little work i got done? hmmm.....this could cause problems...

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home