Tuesday, October 01, 2002

I'm not a happy sports fan:

The Toronto Raptors are coming to Waterloo for training camp. So the tickets went on sale at 9 AM on mon. I had an important 8-9:30 class that i couldn't miss, so right when it ended i headed over to the PAC (our gym, the Physical Activities Complex) to purchase my ticket(s). I actually had another class at 9:30, but i skipped it, since the prof, Sasanov can't really teach at all. So i walk over and when i get there, there's no line....but what is there is a sign saying tickets were sold out!!!! Argh. Apparantly there was a lineup of 200 people 1 hour b4 the tickets went on sale! Looks like I should have skipped my earlier class. Now i've been reduced to asking everyone i know if they know anyone w/ tickets....no luck so far...but trust me, i'm still trying.

But on a brighter note, as i was signing Kitty and myself up for social dance, the receptionist mentioned that they still have 700 tickets which are going to be given away at the pep rally just b4 the game. I think this will be my only chance. I bet you can all guess where i'll be spending my sat.... For the 5 mins i was talking to the receptionist, she got 4-5 calls inquiring about the raptor game. It was pretty funny, cause she had a standard spiel she was giving everyone. I got the feeling she was pretty tired of getting so many phone calls about the exact same thing. Anyway, i hope to see the raptors playing the PAC, that would be so cool.

I'll blog about 72 oz steak when i have nothing else to blog about...

PS Does anyone think i would see raptors out and about town, like at a restaurant or club? maybe i should start staking out those places in hopes of meeting a raptor....haha j/k

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home