Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Man, so behind in blogging...but now Mike is back and can relieve some of the pressure, right Mike?

So last thurs was one of softball captain's, (Joel's) surprise birthday party....but it wasn't much of a surprise....

Joel didn't go straight to (the cancelled) practice from work like he was suppose to. So he saw a bunch of people from the team arriving at his house, which obviously ruined the surprise. His sister Joyce, who had set up the whole thing was so very disappointed :(

I almost got lost on the way over Joyce's Oakville home though...I wrote down the wrong house number in my Clie and went on a wild goose hunt looking for a house that didn't exist. The house number that I wrote down really didn't exist! It skipped over that number and it confused me greatly, so I started walking up and down the street. Luckily Joyce and Iris were outside and waved me down. Whew, what a close call.... i really need a cell phone to stop that from happening. I think I'm going to get the Roger's deal through Edmond. It's really cheap, which is the only good thing going for it. I don't like the Nokia 8390 phone though, but I think I'll save the money and live with it for the next two years.

The food at the party was pretty good. Most of dinner was spent trying to get Greg Chan to sing his mandarin song he learned on the LoveBoat. But it was to no avail....he wouldn't sing and entertain for us... I think b/c Iris was laughing too hard... even b4 he was ready to sing. After dinner was cake time. This was where the real surprise came. I went into the room and saw two cakes, but thought nothing of it. Then they told me to go sit down behind the cake. I was like "what? why?" Then i read the cake and figured it out. The team (slash Iris) had got a cake for me too! I was so surprised! What a pleasant, warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks team!

We got Joel a first aid kit (cause he get injured so much) and a very nice engraved picture frame w/ our team name. After we just chilled and played with Joyce's younger brother's toys...which were a lot of fun. Ah, to be a kid again. Then some ping-pong, some gadget talk with some guys (it never fails.... i can strike up a conversation about gadgets with most any guy), some picture taking and then it was time for home. All in all a good evening once again.

The season is almost ending!!! :( The big tournament and banquet is next week already!

I'll blog about the rest of my weekend l8r...

-- Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home