Tuesday, August 06, 2002



I know, I know, i should be posting more regularly...and so should the Boy Wonder. haha, j/k. But understandably, Mike is studying for MCAT's which should take precedence over anything else.

My weekend was fairly plain. I was trying to leave it sort of open to be flexible, so I didn't plan much at all going into it. Just had the Vince carter Charity game written down in my Clie for the whole weekend.

The Vince Carter charity game was ok. I was expecting Vince to do a little more than he did...maybe he's still taking it easy after the surgery, at least that's what I'm hoping. It was fairly entertaining overall though, with the Beale Street flippers at half time and Vince dancing after the game. Plus Vince promised that the fans wouldn't be disappointed with the raptors this year, but I have my reservations about the upcoming season. The team comes and goes with Vince and i'm not sure he can carry the team to success.

The activities after the game were really fun. We walked around downtown aimlessly for quite a bit of time. Patrick Ma brought a whole bunch of us to his work (where free coffee was had by some of us). There was actually a very large group watching the game, but we lost a lot of them afterward. I barely said hi to keith, barry, dan&cynthia and steph the whole night. We walked around very aimlessly until I hit upon the idea of going down to Peel Pub (and only one driver among us!). So we all walked over there only to find it was closed!!! wtf!!! It was still fun though, walking around downtown was cool b/c it was such a lively place. We bumped into Paul Min and he hung out with us the rest of the night too. We finally ended up at the Chapters beside Paramount and had a coffee. Overall the night was really fun (even though i fell asleep on the ride home...so tired...); I want to go back and just hang out/walk around down there again.

Spent most of sat with my sister. It's so sad, I'll only see my sister like 3 or 4 times a year for the next several years :( So I dragged her out to Cary's to clean out his tents. HA. Cary very generously offered her a labtop case (which she forgot there...can i pick it up sometime Cary?). At night, took my sis to see Austin Powers 3 w/ dano and C. I would describe the movie as very random. No plot, just a sequence of jokes held together with a thin plot. But what could I expect, right? Some of the jokes were really funny though (mostly toilet humour though, but still good). If they make another one, it's going to be really messed up.

Sunday was another workout day, where I showed how weak I was. Man, I was pathetic. I can't keep up with Matt... he works out at least three times a week, whereas I workout like once a week. Oh well, it was fun as always. This time we were making jokes about how Mike could actually workout with us now that we had 50 more pounds. haha.

After a really tiring workout, we (matt, carol, dan&cyn) went to the range, where i sucked even more. Man, I'm bad at golf. I have to do it more consistently if I want to get better. Each time I go to the range it's like I'm learning everything new again for the first time. I think Matt and Carol had a good time though. It was Matt's first time. And Cynthia brought her books, which made me very nervous b/c I also have an exam this week....and I haven't even completed the course yet!

Dinner with the family was at the restaurant where Diana's mom works, which we frequent fairly often. I still can't figure out which one is her mom yet... mostly because i haven't met her yet. My sister treated, because she is finally earning money. That was really nice of her.

On sun, rick and I decided to go out mountain biking again. We went back to Dagmar Resort, all the way out in Pickering/Ajax! Rick lost his speedometer last time we went, so we went back partly to go look for it (which we didn't find). This time we explored a lot more trails and took it kind of slow. Man, I'm so out of shape... it wasn't pretty on the trails. No major accidents this time, just small cuts and bruises. I think I wimp out too much on the trails. I take all the downhills so slowly, so i can remain in complete control. I literally ride the brakes on them. And I also end up walking a lot of the large uphills, because my stamina is so crappy. But in general, it was even more fun than last time. Can't wait till Mike is done his MCATs so we can take him too.

And to end my weekend, I did something that I used to do previous summers, but haven't been recently. I went out to see a late movie w/ Tim. Both of us hadn't seen Star Wars yet, so we checked that out at Colossus. Yes, it is still playing. I hadn't seen it b/c it was on no passes for the longest time (and i still have access to a crapload of passes). And of course Tim hadn't seen it yet because he was in Costa Rica.

I thought ep2 it was better than ep1, but still a tiny bit dissappointed. The technology was impressive though - everything looked super clear and clean, especially since I watched it in a digital theatre. Some scenes were very exciting to watch, like an early chase sequence and Jedi Knights in battle. The dialogue was fairly weak though, Lucas should have gotten someone else to write it. The acting was better (Hayden Christensen was better than I expected, but maybe it was b/c i had such low expectations) than the first one, but still not very good overall. But really, disregard what I've just said: the movie was definitely saved by Yoda. I think my jaw dropped when he brought out his light saber and fought Count Dooku. That scene alone is worth the price of admission (in my case, that's $4 :) ).

Well better get back to studying... still have to start studying for my exam on sat.

Lates.

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home