Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Friday was a guys night out. Because hanging out downtown after the Vince Carter Charity game was so much fun, we decided to go out and walk around down there again.

Surprisingly, I had a car that night, since my dad went down to San FranCisco for some conference. So i rounded up the boys (Tim, Keith and Richard) and went straight back to my house. Yes, we went straight back to my house to drop off my car at home and bus/subway it in to TO. That way I wouldn't have to drive home. We made it downtown, hooked up with Matt and walked over to a chinese restaurant. We proceeded to have a nice 2 hour meal.

During this meal, we got on the topic of the 72 oz steak challenge. My crazy roomate Edmond has convinced a bunch of us to take on this challenge: Finish a 72 oz steak at a Steakhouse within the hour and it's free. So a bunch of us skinny chinese guys are going to go in and attempt this. It'll be quite the spectacle. I'm almost certain I won't be able to finish it, but at least it'll be entertaining (more so for the spectators rather than the actual participants, i suspect). So if you are interested in watching (or participating) please msg me right away and we'll reserve a spot for you. Right now, the tentative date is set for Aug 31. Let me know ASAP!

After chilling at the restaurant for a bit, we walked through the UofT campus. Matt showed us around a bit, like where he almost tripped over a metal railing. But seriously, the UofT campus is actually very nice. I can't believe how ugly ( and smelly) the Waterloo campus is. They don't even compare!

Our target for that night was to check out one of Toronto's landmarks, The Brunswick House. Last time around, we were so dissappointed that the Peel Pub was closed. So we're walking for something like half an hour and when we finally reached there, it was closed. :( So we ended up going to a nearby patio (Pauper's Pub) and just relaxed out there. Matt had never had a shot before, so i recommended that all of us have a round of B-52's. (all of us cept Keith) I think Matt liked it. I don't think he would have liked any harder type of shot, so that's why i picked this nice and easy one. After that, we began with the beers. Tim bought Keith a Keith's. Which I think he absolutely detested. But the funniest part was at the end of the night when he got picked up by his parents from the subway station, they smelt it right away. haha. I don' t think he got into trouble or anything, but still, that's hilarious. Anyway, good conversation and laughs throughout the night over a big plate of nachos and a pint of cold beer. A good time, but expensive. We spent more money at the pub then on the meal that night! Oh well, I don't drink that often so once in a while the expense is justified. :)

The next day was CNE with Kitty's friends, but I'll blog a bit about that later, i have to get back to work now.

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home