Thursday, March 06, 2003


No More Popup!

But I do hope all of you are using your Google toolbars! ;)

Been stuck at home the last few days with an unpleasant bout of strep throat. Not fun is all I have to say.

But I've had the chance to do some surfing. I've started my yearly Oscar pool, and we're looking for anyone else out there that might be interested. I'm trying to defend my title as last year's pool winner, but these things are hard to predict. I barely watched any of the contending films last year, but it hardly matters if you've seen the movies. It's all about the hype, promotions and strong-arm tatics by Dreamworks (according to one of Vince's theories). So let me know if you're interested (preferably via ICQ#6460306).

I also watched Being John Malkovich today...finally. That movie was a total head trip (no pun intended). It was a really creative and unique piece of work. I think I like it :). Am I becoming a Kaufman fan? I have an urge to check out Adaptation now.

Another movie I would like to see is "A Better Tomorrow". About "stereotypical" Asians kids in high school with a twist. Check out their site. Don't have much to say about it yet....I have to watch it before passing judgement. With that movie and all this Oscar talk, check out this site too.

One interesting thing that happened to my family. We got a maid. Her name is Marie. And although she will be coming by fairly infrequently, I think she's going to make a big difference. In a positive way. :) Seems like my parents are getting physically older and don't have the convenience of kids to dump the chores on anymore. (At least not as much...I still gruelling wash the dishes every day).

More thoughts on Google and Blogger. These two links seem to think that one of the keys to blogging is the recording of the trails that are formed when surfing. A sequence of links that I've recorded above is sorta like this. Not extensive or exhuastive, but a rough start. I'm trying to to do my bit and it seems like others are doing their's :)

One last thing I saw on Slashdot that seemed really cool. 3D Displays! Think about how much more addictive games are going to be! Err, I meant, think about how much more productive we can be in a business environment...cough, cough, argh, my strep throat caused me to cough at that inopportune time and also impelled me to write it in my blog entry. Yes, that's right.

Better go to sleep now!

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home