Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mean Girls

I happened to catch Mean Girls on the TV over the weekend...and hard as it is to admit it was ok. TBS always plays the same movie over and over again for a weekend, and I happen to start watching as I was eating dinner...then I stayed to watch the rest of it, even though I was hitting up a bar later that night. So I ended up being a little late, but I manage to watch the entire movie.

The movie was actually pretty funny and entertaining. (I can't believe I'm blogging about Mean Girls). I like the part where they go through the cliques and mention the cool and nerdy Asians. I was definitely in the nerdy Asian clique, if I was even in a clique (I don't even remember if I knew about the various high school cliques when I was in high school). Some the SNL cast members had great roles, like Tim Meadows and Amy Poehler. Tina Fey was good too, even though her major role was writing the screenplay...which is actually quality. Even Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams do a good job in their roles. Kinda didn't like the ending, where she gets the guy, but a small complaint.

I didn't notice as I was watching, but they filmed that movie in Etobicoke! Yes, Etobicoke, the place where I live! A lot of the school scenes were filmed at ECI (Etobicoke Collegiate Institute) and the mall scenes were at Sherway Gardens (my local mall). I can't believe that I didn't notice. My sister pointed it out to me after the movie.

But really, by far, the best part of the movie is Kevin G. Most of you probably don't even remember him because he has a small role, but he's the captain of the Mathletes. Part of the reason why I find him so funny is because I would peg him to become a stereotypical cocky Waterloo Engineer. Everything about him screams "cocky Waterloo Engineer". I really enjoyed that character and for some reason I have trouble thinking of Tina Fey writing his part...I just don't see it happening. Turns out the actor for Kevin G. is from Toronto too...coincidence?

Anyway, I included the lyrics below of Kevin G's Christmas Talent Show rap. Probably doesn't mean much if you haven't seen the movie, but it's still funny:

Kevin G's Rap:
Yo Yo Yo! All you sucka MCs ain't got nothin' on me! From my grades, to my lines you can't touch Kevin G! I'm a mathlete, so nerd is inferred, but forget what you heard I'm like James Bond the third, sh-sh-sh-shaken not stirred - I'm Kevin Gnapoor! The G's silent when I sneak through your door. And make love to your woman on the bathroom floor. I don't play it like Shaggy, you'll know it was me. Cause the next time you see her she'll be like, OOH! KEVIN G!

PS Why didn't our school have Mathletes? boo...
PPS I can't believe I just wrote 500 words about Mean Girls. Yes, you can call me homo in the comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

?? Mean Girls was critically acclaimed, it's not embarassing to like it. I've never seen it though

12/13/2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger dre said...

my fave part of this blog was, "why didn't our school have mathletes? booooo..."

you are a typical engineer. no wonder kevin g is your hero haha

12/15/2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Cary said...

you're a homo

12/16/2006 1:50 AM  
Blogger Cary said...

just kidding. you're my hero.

12/16/2006 1:51 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

I like the character, but I'm in no way a cocky engineer....please slap me if I start acting like one.

12/25/2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home