Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wong Fu Productions

Apparantly Wong Fu Productions was in Waterloo recently....and I missed it...booo.

Anyway, on the off chance you haven't heard of them (ie you're white...or white-washed), they make entertaining, funny, polished videos and most importantly, they are asian.

So they made a promo video for their showing of their full length feature, "A Moment with You" in Waterloo. Check it out and see MC and DC (the social library) in the backgrounds:



If you were wondering about how their showing went, you can check out a video of their showing at UW. Damn, wish I was there. Tonite they are at Western for their last showing, so I missed them.



Perhaps their most notorious video was the one about "Yellow Fever". That's how I first got introduced to their work. I posted it below. Some of the effects and music come from an anime series names Jungle wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu. This is the one anime series I have watched in my life, and it just so happens to be in this video. Anyway, enjoy!



PS now that I surfed over to their official site, I remember seeing them advertising that they are coming to Canada, but I totally forgot about it since I looked it up a long time ago. Crap it and boo to my forgetfulness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

Someone I know saw it, and she said the movie is a little slow-paced and doesn't have a lot of humour (not nearly like the slapstick that is in YF). Also, I don't know if the feature film has anything to do with Asian culture, like YF is. They are going for more depth with this movie, is the feeling I got. Are they successful? Dunno, will have to watch it for myself and judge.

Not sure about the huge ticket sales among lonely and brooding Asian males...in North America we are but a small number overall. Personally I like that sort of content, and wish there were more, but I'm just one voice.

12/07/2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home