Thursday, December 07, 2006

Wii randomness [Update 1]

I may be coming down with something. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, but otherwise feeling ok. I think I'll rest tomorrow and not go rock climbing and not go to the radical illumination thing (take pics guys and don't forget your tripods). Hopefully it'll just go away, because it doesn't feel very serious. I feel a little sore, but I think that's from working out on Wednesday, and it's nothing out of the ordinary. My workout schedule is so crappy. I'm trying to go at least once a week, and that doesn't do anything. From my peak, I think I lost about 10-15 pounds of muscle and now I'm a skinny *ss. I need Monty back as a workout partner...he was the best!

So now I have 3 Wiimotes + nunchuks and I've unlocked Rayman multiplayer. Mike Lim, Richard and I are suppose to be preparing for the cruise in two weeks, but I think Mike just wants to play Wii. So I'll be having people over on saturday afternoon 1PM-6PM. Feel free to drop by.

Just wanted to vent about a few Wii annoyances:

  1. Component Cable:
       I can't find any at any retailer. Even though the best the Wii can do is 480p, I still want it. Madcatz recently made available a $20 component cable, but that sold out right away. Boo.
  2. Battery Life:
       I've gone through 2 sets of batteries already. The first set I wasted when I transported my Wiimote with a button held down (stupid mii). The other one, I suspect died from use. That's really sh*tty battery life, even though it's being going through some heavy use the last 3 weeks. Looks like I'll need to get some rechargeables.
  3. Need more controllers:
       If you take a look at the following chart, I will likely have to get more controllers to play other types of games. More money down the drain. I'm interesting in Super Smash Brothers Brawl and I heard that it doesn't use the wii-mote, so either gamecube controllers or classic controllers will be needed. And I'll likely need four of those as well.


[Update 1] Nintendo improved the Wiimote strap and I already own three of the old ones. That's what I get for being an early adopter. Haven't had any problems so far, so I'm not too worried...as long as people don't get too excited with it!

1 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

tripods...are for noobs err i mean people that aren't lazy about carrying them around

12/08/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home