Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Updated Links (Slate Edition)

Slate finally properly implemented RSS feeds for their site. I have added my favourites writers/columns to my RSS feed, as you can see to the right. Check them out (note all links are RSS feeds):

Dear Prudence: Not as good as before, but still pretty decent. Don't know why I like this stuff so much...

Explainer: Good explanations for questions you always wanted to ask, but didn't know whom to ask or where to find the answer.

Gaming: Just saw this one now...I'll add it to my "under consideration" rotation of RSS feeds and see if it works out.

Human Guinea Pig: Consistently a fun read. She takes ideas from readers about things people who like to try, but don't have the guts to. She has a good sense of humour as well.

Human Nature: Good summary of "health" related news. Usually wacky stuff.

Sports Nut: My favourite writer is Bill Simmons, but I'll give what Slate has to offer a chance.

Undercover Economist: Another one I just noticed...I'll see if it worthy to promote to my regular link rotation.

3 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

They switched the ghost writer for Dear Prudence recently, this new one is not as good, but in a way I can't quite put a finger on.

12/20/2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger dre said...

you're on vacation and you post about something not related to your cruise??? how dare you! hahah

you know what i'm going to say... make me hungry by posting pics up...and you know what kind ;) hahahah

12/21/2006 12:35 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Kev,

They changed the ghost writer a long time ago. They replaced her with the writer from human guinea pig...who isn't as good. The original Prudence was stolen by yahoo and now writes on their site as Dear Margo. Her feed is listed on the right side of the page.

I agree though, her writing is nowhere near as good as Margo's...

12/25/2006 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home