Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Man, it's getting dangerous at work. One co-worker, Phil, knows jui jitsu and another co-worker, Mauro, is taking Karate and Kickboxing. Anyway, a couple days ago, they brought their practice nunchucks to work and taught me a few things. It was pretty cool and man am I glad those nunchucks were padded!

Been kinda funny these past few days cause everytime I come across Phil, he goes into a fighting stance. So I go into a fighting stance too and we throw a few punches and blocks here and there. However, yesterday, he got me in a hold and twisted my wrist back to pin me down and it hurt!.... And it still hurts!

Oh yeah, yesterday, I had a Teleconference Meeting. Dr. Fernie and I at Sunnybrook, Dr. Rochon at home in TO, Dr. Leonard at U of Ottawa and Dr. Mihailidis at Simon Fraser, all hooked up for a conference call. It started out kinda funny because the two female linguists (Rochon and Leonard) are buddies and haven't talked to each for a while since Leonard moved to Ottawa recently. So they were chatting away about kids, the new place, work etc. It struck me as surprisingly normal. Normal because this is what friends usually do, but surprising because I've never seen the personal sides of "professionals". I think I got this from reading Matt's "Blog", that people are just people, no matter how many letters they have behind their name. Anyway, they kept chatting until Dr. Fernie interrupted and said we should get this meeting underway.

And the Blue Jays winning streak is snapped, is anybody listening?

- Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home