Monday, October 07, 2002

Keith's Birthday!

Yes, that time of the year has rolled around again. It's Keith's Birthday, which he doesn't want celebrated. So of course we dragged him out to East Side Mario's on sun for dinner and embarassment.

Here's a background story on Keith and Beer. For Barry Ip's birthday, they were at East Sides, and they were trying to get Keith to drink a beer. And they were enticing him w/ money a free dinner and free calculus answers. All Keith had to do was finish a beer and he would have been the happy(/drunk) recipient of close to $65 in cash, a paid dinner and calculus answers. What did he do? He turned it down.

So for his birthday we of course buy him a beer (an Alexander Keith's no less). And I'm happy to report that he finished it and is looking forward to drinking another beer on his next birthday. (ok, i made that last part up....The truth is, he's looking forward to drinking more beer next weekend!!! haha, ok, I"m still making stuff up....). Anyway, we got him a cake, (which unfortunately did not have enough cream to warrant a pie in the face, although it hasn't stop us before....haha ChrisE) and got him to stand up on a chair for the entertainment of all (except for keith of course, who appeared to be quite embarassed....or maybe it was the beer that was making him so red, i couldn't tell). Anyway, Happy Birthday Keith! Hope you like playing War3 on Battlenet.

One other kinda funny thing today. When Edmond, my ECE231 skipping partner who happens to be from the east side of town, and I were skipping class and eating breakfast at SLC, he recognized someone. So he goes to me, "see that girl behind me?" From my POV, there were two girls, one white girl closer to us and a chinese girl a little further away. Edmond continues, "She was the #1 student at my school". So I go, "the white girl?" And he says the next bit with clear disdain, "No, of course not, it's the chinese girl!" I don't know why I found that funny, but i probably laughed a little bit too loudly.

Anyway, back to my ECE261 Power Systems Quiz, which I'm doing right now instead of going to EngSoc (engineering society) bowling.

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home