Thursday, November 14, 2002


Midterm Results

We got our midterms back a couple weeks ago. I actually did a little better than expected. First of all I thought I would be closer to failing, but luckily nothing close. Keith and I always compete on our marks, it's something that I think drives me to do a little better. I know, it really helped out in high school, but in university, it's not working was well.

Well when Keith and I compete, we compete with money. Contrary to what you may think, the person who gets the lower mark receives the money. In the past (ie high school) we would bet a dollar on each exam. The person who gets a lower mark on an exam would receive money. We set it up this way, because we are both ultracompetitive (but in a friendly way) and the person who got the lower mark would get some pity money to "soften the blow" of losing (losing academically, not monetarily). So in University we decided to raise the stakes. Historically, Kieth and I have always been very close in terms of marks, one just edging out the other, so we decided to have the monetary exchange based on the mark differential. So for example, if I scored 75 and keith scored 85, he would owe me $10.

So as always, this time around the bet was on again. 4 midterms to compete with. $1/mark differential. Anyway, not to get in the details, I now owe him $36. That is when we dropped one of the midterms, (b/c it has the potential of not counting in the final mark). If we had counted that one course I would have owed him $76!!! Meaning I had performed in total, 76 marks higher than he did. I did better than I expected, and Keith, well he didn't do so well. The good news is that he uninstalled his games. I hope that'll help him ouit. Now I have a huge debt :(

This weekend was......more softball!!! I'm amazed at how well the weather is holding up. Edmond, the crazy hardcore softball player bought a $700 bat. And even though I couldn't believe it, what a difference it makes! I'm not a normal homerun hitter, but with this bat, I was able to hit them out of the park!!! I was so amazed! And trust me, it's such a thrill to be able to hit them out of the park. So that was my physical activity for fri and sat. Lot's of fun...and it was still warm.

On a side note, I went to Golden Griddle after softball on sat w/ a bunch of people. In time for the breakfast buffet. I ate about 20 strips of bacon..........i think i overdid it. Looks like i should eat a lot of salad for me this week.

Speaking of food, Kitty and I are three months now, and we went to a japanese restaurant to celebrate. I got the beef...not exactly a lean choice. Oh well. :)

--Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home