Sunday, February 11, 2007

Madden on Wii

Some of my high school buddies got me Madden on the Wii for my birthday (about 4 months after my actual birthday, but it's all good). I think I've logged the most time with Madden since I got my Wii back, especially since I took the risk of repair instead of getting a new unit to attempt to save my memory, but that didn't turn out well. It's less fun to play Wii Sports without your Miis.

Anway, for those that don't know, Madden is the all time best selling franchise in video game history. I suppose it also shows how popular football as a sport is in America. Anyway, the first thing it asks you is what is your favourite team. I don't follow football that closely, so I took the easy route out and chose Tim's favourite team, the Eagles. I then went through the tutorial and learned the new motion controls. I must say, they did a good job with the controls and I think they are pretty tight...and fun! I mean throwing out the wiimote left or right to stiff arm is really enjoyable. Making the throwing motion for passes, or a kicking motion for kicks or even snapping the ball is fun. Good job EA.

The first game I played, the Raider's quarterback threw 3 interceptions. I won easily. Looking through the stats I knew most of them, but I didn't know what a pancake is. Someone explain that to me?

Anyway, it's a fun game and I want to play some multiplayer! The only problem is as the owner of the game, you tend to get better at the game and makes for a skill disparity, which means less fun. And it can be pretty wide, cause madden requires a certain amount of skill. So the only solution is for everyone else to get Wiis and practice and come over to play!

But seriously, I'm having people over on Feb 18th to play some Madden, so feel free to drop by. (Also note this is Chinese New Years).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home