Sunday, June 24, 2007

Back is Sore

I have four softball games scheduled for this weekend! I joined two leagues, so that's why I have so many games. I love playing softball, so playing a lot is fun, the only downside is the physical toll on my body.

I'm getting old. I must stretch a lot before playing. Yesterday, my back was aching and I think this affected my play. My lower back is a fairly constant problem area for me. About once every one or two years it gets so bad that I have trouble walking. It seems whenever I put any weight on in the stomach area, my back protests. As a result, I'm forced to lose the weight in the midsection before I can function again. The good thing is that it's keeps my one-pack in check, but my back suffers. I had a horrible hitting day yesterday, but at least my fielding was ok.

I had the first game in MCBC, the one where I joined with my sister. Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like my sister will be moving to NYC for a teaching job. She hasn't been able to find anything in the Toronto area yet. Since girls are in short supply in these co-ed leagues, it would be nice to find a replacement for her. So do you or a girl you know want to join a softball team in the Mississauga league? The skill level isn't very high, so don't worry about not having much experience. Games are almost every weekend (usually sat afternoon) from now until mid August. Please let me know!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dre said...

i. am. so. sore.
maybe running 7km yday morning had something to do with it... i mean, softball isn't THAT strenuous... and i made a lot of errors. i need practise haha

6/24/2007 11:01 PM  
Blogger loretti said...

i'm sure kitty wants to join the softball league........HAHAHAHAHA

6/25/2007 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home