Monday, July 30, 2007

Pokemon can be Heart Warming

First off, I just wanted to link to this heart-warming story with a video gaming theme. I especially like that part about the kids shaking hands and thanking each other after each match. A sharp contrast to what you'll find on something Xbox Live. If only everyone was as civl. To cap it off, a little girl sent an email upon reading about Gabe's kind actions.

Besides that, here is a boring list of some games that sound interesting (to me):

Raving Rabbids 2. I think I'll buy this one as soon as it comes out, just based upon how much I enjoyed the first one. There are more multiplayer games that can be played simultaneously, a definite improvement over the first one.

I had a chance to play Mario Strikers Charged on someone's modded Wii recently, because it was out in Europe months ago. The gameplay is suppose to be fantastic with enough depth for lot's of replayability. Should be a great multiplayer game. I think I'll purchase this right on August 1st, when it comes out. I checked today and the stores haven't received it yet. It has online play as well, which should be fun. I'm thinking of modding my Wii as well, and hopefully it won't wreck online play in any way. I'll delay modding to make sure it has no problems with online, or maybe just until my warranty runs out, as I have had Wii hardware problems in the past.

With the recent release of The Simpsons Movie, there was bound to be a simultaneous video game release. The difference is that this one is suppose to be good rather than just some licensed crap. Could be fun.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics sounds promising, but is probably going to suck. I'll keep an eye out on reviews when it comes out.

Wii fit was Nintendo's big announcement at E3. Could be intersting, but I don't know if I'll buy this. Maybe it'll finally make doing cardio enjoyable for me, because I really hate cardio.

A DDR game is coming out for Wii. They add arm motions into the mix using the wiimmote. Sounds interesting at first, but the reviews says it's just a gimmick.

Boogie, one of EA's first orignal IP to hit the Wii is a singing+dancing game. Comes with a mic too. When they first announced it, it sounded promising, but I don't think the end result is great. They have a pretty good soundtrack. Too bad I can't sing.

The most important information about Smash Brothers is the controllers that are supported. Originally they were only going to support gamecube controllers, but now they've expanded the roster. Thank goodness. This is a guaranteed instant buy on release day.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Hung said...

$49.99 at HMV
http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=1202466

Date of release: 31/07/2007
Availability: Usually ships within 7-10 days

IGN review
http://wii.ign.com/articles/808/808692p1.html

7/31/2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger supastar k3v said...

For DDR: Why couldn't you just strap the controllers to your feet, then you wouldn't need to buy a pad...

7/31/2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Maybe it won't be accurate enough. DDR requires precise timing and I don't know if the wiimote is capable. I can forsee lot's of false positives. I think they would have to redesign the gameplay completely to have a real DDR game. Plus, Wiifit has a minigame where you step on and off the board, similar to DDR.

7/31/2007 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home