Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Transformers

When I was a kid, I was a HUGE fan of Transformers. I hated going to chinese school because I would miss the show. I loved getting Transformers as toys and figuring out how to transform them. I must have had over 50 Transformers...I even had an original Optimus Prime from Japan!

So far this summer I haven't watched any movies yet, but I will break that streak for Transformers. It is with apprehension that I approach the newly released movie. There is no way they can live up to my expectations....especially with Michael Bay directing the movie. I avoided all previews and trailers so far and have set very low expectations.

I tried to go today, but unfortunately they were sold out. :( The movie was actually released on July 2nd, a full two days ahead of the date I thought it would be released, July 4th. Maybe it's a different day in Canada to take advantage of the holiday. Anyway, I'm going to try again, maybe this Friday, or after my softball game this week.

TRANSFORMERS, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, live action transforming/robot battles will always remind me of Robot Jox - except I didn't see all of it :/

http://imdb.com/title/tt0102800/

-KM

7/05/2007 1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and on a related note

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472429/

7/05/2007 2:03 AM  
Blogger Matt W said...

Nels, as you already know, I saw it and loved it. I think the best way to interpret my approval is that I went in with a 50% approval bias because it was transformers (i think it would be virtually impossible to ruin it for me except if they made them all die or do awkward robot sex or something) and then just tacked on bonus points if I liked it or not. The fact is, this is precisely the kind of movie that Bay is suitable for because stuff exploding everywhere is PRECISELY what would happen if giant robots attacked a human city. In BB2, Armageddon and so on, so much less appropriate. I hope you like it if you do get to see it. Go early and buy tickets man.

7/06/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Yeah, I'm trying to make it for 9:30 or 10:15 at Empress Walk tonight (Friday July 6). Everyone is welcome to join, just give me a call.

7/06/2007 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home