Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Rock Band vs Guitar Hero III

Music rhythm games are fun....especially when drinking. This fall, two really popular music rhythm game variants will go on sale and consumers will have to pick one. One is the 3rd iteration of Guitar Hero and the other is called Rock Band.

Rock Band includes not only two guitars, but also drums and a mic for singing. If you have four people together and all the necessary equipment, you could "play" as if you were a band. Doesn't that sound fun? I'll let the video speak for itself


*NOTE: apparently this video isn't representative of the final gameplay, but I think it gives the general idea

Meanwhile, Guitar Hero III will include a multiplayer "battle" mode.


So the question is which to buy? On one had, Rock Band will be crazy expensive, likely costing as much as the Wii itself after buying every accessory, but it has the potential to be much more fun having four people "jamming". Guitar Hero III doesn't look that innovative from the previous generations, but it should be cheaper and includes an interesting multiplayer competitive mode. Any advice on what you would rather play?

PS where the heck am I going to put all this stuff, let alone transport it every week to and from Waterloo!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt W said...

Rock Band looks awesome...a lot more fun I think than GH3 would be. I've played GH2 on X360 and it was fun, but I could definitely see different instruments being a lot more entertaining than just more GH. I mean RB includes basically all the functionality of GH doesn't it? I know RB will be expensive, but I think it would be a lot of fun, especially with a good sound system and tv. I hope they include some sort of sandbox mode though for random fun.

Also, TRANSFORMERS FTW!

7/04/2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Looks like I won't have a choice....Rock Band doesn't come out on Wii...instead I'll only get Boogie. :(

7/05/2007 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home