Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Softball Injuries and Losses

I getting old. I had 3 softball games this weekend and went to the Docks. Docks was full of young people, including my younger cousin, Eric. Getting back home at 4 AM is an activity for younger people.

The next day was a softball game. In MCBC, our team is unfortunatly under .500. I haven't played on an organized softball team with a losing record yet. Perhaps the reason why is because I'm playing shortstop (a first for me, not counting little league hardball) and got voted for the heaviest player. I am neither the best defensive player or the best hitter out there. But I do think we have potential and all that really counts is the tournament.

During the game, I took a grounder off my throwing hand. It hit the ends of my fingers. I made the out after gathering the ball up, but there was blood everywhere. I had some splatter on my shirt and blood on my arm. Anyway, it bled alot and felt numb. I couldn't finish the game. We lost.

The next day, although it hurt a bit, I could throw. I had a double header in CCSA against the "best" team in our division. We lost for the first time this season, blemishing our perfect record. Just like the MCBC game, we got mercied during an early inning and I could only watch. I think we really beat ourselves, making numberous silly errors. Also, I hit into a fielder's choice with the bases loaded. Boo. But I'm looking forward the playoffs. Maybe I'll even get to face Edmond's team.....again!


Anyway, I'm sore and bruised. I need better conditioning and flexibility. I really need to practice my hitting. I don't even own a bat. Anyone know any good deals for bats? Or does anyone know if there are batting cages in Waterloo?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Hung said...

National Sports (behind Chapters) has clearance on now, people have been getting $10 bats (may be softball bat though)

We got one from National Sports last time too, at 50% off, $10 too?

7/26/2007 1:39 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

You're an old, old man.

7/27/2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger loretti said...

yea work on ur flexibility, u should take yoga class!!

plus lotsa eye candy in yoga class haha (i hope kitty doesn't read this!)

7/27/2007 6:37 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Actually, Kitty encourages me to go, because I have free yoga classes offered to me at work. But I feel "intimidated", probably much like girls feel when they go the heavy weights area but in reverse

7/29/2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home