Monday, July 09, 2007

Grace in NYC

My sister, Grace, has not only moved out of the house but even away from Toronto! She recently graduating from Queens in Concurrent Education and started to look for a job in the Toronto area. Unfortunately, there seems to be a glut of teachers in the Toronto area and she wasn't able to find a placement. I suppose Toronto is not a growing area for new schools.

On the other hand, NYC is a growing area for schools. I hear that NYC is a city that more people are rasing their children in, hence the demand for teachers. She got an offer from the New York Board, the largest school board in the USA, and decided to go. They are training her during the summer months and provide residence, so she had to leave quite abrubtly. I sincerely hope she gets placed at a decent school.

It feels strange with my sister in such a faraway location, but I wish her the best of luck! It must be scary and exciting at the same time. And now we can't play Animal Crossing together :( (A retarded game, but addictive nonetheless). But there's always wifi :)

So have fun in NYC sis, and I hope you find a good placement. Hopefully I'll be able to visit soon!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice entry about your sister! But I have to admit I am wondering what you thought about Transformers. Please blog about that immediately. KThxBye. (haha)
-Matt (stupid google login busted)

7/10/2007 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..... please, no more kthxbyes

-KM

7/10/2007 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home