Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Working Out

I have started going to the gym again after a long hiatus. I'm the type that needs someone else to help me keep disciplined, so that's why I usually try to find a workout partner. Plus it makes working out a lot more fun. I almost exclusively work out with a partner and rarely go by myself. You know the term social drinker? You could call me a social excerciser.

Luckily, I've found a workout partner in Waterloo - Chris Erven. He's a good fit in the sense that he likes to do a lot of leg exercises and I like to do a lot of upper body work, so we work both muscle groups out consistently. We're not a good fit in the sense that he's over 6 feet tall and I'm short, which means we have to adjust the equipment all the time. In terms of weight, half the exercises I do more weight and the other half he does more, which is kinda strange. Maybe it has something to do with which exercises we respectively like.

I also went out and got an exercise ball to sit on instead of a chair. I hear it's suppose to be good for your abs or something. I hate doing ab excercises, so maybe this'll help. I didn't expect it, but I find it tiring to sit on it. But recently we've picked up Warcraft III again, and when I play, I don't pay any attention to what I'm sitting on. In fact, I hardly notice anything around me when I'm playing.

The reason we started again is because they reset the Ladder and Blizzard is starting season 5. This mean the rankings are wide open and it's possible to reach a very high standing without too much effort. For instance, we're only 3-1 (win-loss) so far in 4v4AT (4 versus 4 arranged team), and we're already ranked 13th (as of this writing). I think a lot of other people know this as well, because there seems to be a influx of players on battle.net. We use to joke in University that we were the hardest working team on bnet, because the only way we could get a high ranking was by playing a lot of games. Our high ranking is not indicative of our skill, because we're not very good. For example, we almost lost today 4 vs 3 (ie one opponent dropped) TWICE. That is pretty sad.

Anyway, hopefully all that sitting and clicking will burn enough calories so I can eat food worthy enough to post on BiteMe.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

i think if you can somehow get me to lose my base and i play the rest of the game dota style, we end up winning...which happened in the last two games yesterday...

3/07/2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger FM_Echo_One said...

4vs4? rofl....mass teh hunts. ^^ 4vs4 used to be mass cheese until Blizz nerfed (the crap) out of Warcrap. Do people still mass the chims...lol...

3/09/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Nelson said...

mass hunts gets you nowhere...just counter with piercing. Sounds like you haven't played since they introduced the patch with magic armour/attack. Thee game is really balanced right now, without any cheese. What wins you games is your micro ability, unless you're playing at a n00b level.

But yeah, 4v4AT isn't that great, we just play cause we have 4 players. If we have 3, we play 3v3AT. If we have 5, we play DOTA. Eight or more, it's in house DOTA.

PS, who the heck are you, fm_echo_one?

3/10/2007 2:01 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Well we hang out in channel "clan boop", usually on weeknights, 8-11 PM , you're welcome to join us if you'd like...

3/10/2007 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

people people.... stop arguing! can't you see what warcraft has done to you? now band together and pick up wow instead....

-KM

3/10/2007 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home