Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Blogger Features

Well I've been using the new Blogger for a little while now and there are some new features.

First of all, there's a new RSS/Atom feed address, that is listed on the right side. I think my old feed is now broken since I swiched over. Also, there is finally a comment feed as well. I couldn't get the comments feed to show up with the blogger tag, so I manually added it myself on the sidebar to the right.

A smaller changes is now you can email post to another user, which I've added to the bottom of each post. Don't see it being incredibly useful, but it's took no effort for me to add.

The other big change is the addition of what Google calls "labels". The rest of the world calls them tags, but Google has chosen differently. Eventually I'll be able to see how much I blog about the Wii (too much) and even get a (geeky) T-shirt like this. But there are some deficiencies with tagging, such as using a different tag for the same topic. I think Google is trying to cut down on this by bringing up previously used tags as you type them into the text field. A good idea to keep track of my own tags, but too bad it doesn't cut across blog users in general.

Anyway, to offset the boring entry, here's an funny video linked to by Ted:

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

You know on the individual post pages, only the previous posts sidebar thing shows up...so when I viewed the page I was like what are you talking about...

2/24/2007 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home