Thursday, February 22, 2007

Computer Whoa

So my computer decided to spontaneously work again. No reason whatsoever, so I hope it doesn't crap out for no reason either. So I'm pretty sure it's a problem on the motherboard. Cary, this means that your card is likely ok. I don't want to risk switching anything out or even touching it, so I'll leave it as it is for now.

I tried playing Wii on my video in part of my card. First of all, the video quality is absolutely crap. Maybe I'm spoiled with component 480p on a 37" LCD at home, but I don't remember it being this bad. Maybe since I work with video all the time now, I notice the difference more. The other bad part is the perceptible delay. It makes some games almost unplayable, so that's unpleasant. Back in university (Cardill) we use to play Smash on my computer and it wasn't too bad. I remember it was a little dark and had a little delay, but was ok, even for something as sensitive to delay as Smash. But now I'm really noticing it and can't stand it. Looks like I will have to take up Maggie's advice and get the TV going again, but I am a little concerned if that room gets wet again. But I suppose I should be lucky that I can even play at all...or even blog at all!

Here are some random links:

Basketball All-Star weekend in Vegas, dubbed by Bill Simmons as the Hip-Hop Woodstuck. Some pretty crazy stuff going down.

Mario Party 8 screenshots....looks like I will consider getting this one.

Drinking Vodka on the Internet with virtual buddies, invented of course by a Russian.

Recent quote from Morello about RATM getting back: "Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not," he said. "It occurred to all of us that the times were right to see if we can knock the Bush administration out in one fell swoop, and we hope to do that job well. This administration has done enough damage that it may take generations to undo. This is an administration that believes it's beyond the laws of the land, which is fine for emperors, but not so great for presidents. One thing this president isn't above is the laws of physics, and there is no action without reaction. And we're part of that reaction."

What it's like to be a gamer in Iraq. Choice Quote: "He and his gamer friends used to enjoy first-person shooters like "Medal of Honor" and "Call of Duty." Then a real war started around him. "We hate the attacking, the gunfire in games," Wisam said. "We started to hate it." In fact, there's only one game with guns he can still tolerate. " 'Grand Theft Auto' is the exception. Because 'Grand Theft Auto' is like us.""

One of my favourite Directors, David Fincher is featured in this interview. Choice Quote: “David knows what he wants, and he’s very clear about what he wants, and he’s very, very, very smart. But sometimes we’d do a lot of takes, and he’d turn, and he would say, because he had a computer there” — the movie was shot digitally — “ ‘Delete the last 10 takes.’ And as an actor that’s very hard to hear.”

That's all for today. I'm actually considering NOT going back to Toronto this weekend, something like the first time in 3 months. Anyone want to convince me to go into TO?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home