Friday, January 04, 2008

Portal

Portal has recently been getting a lot of accolades as one of the best games of the year. It would fit perfectly into my style too...short, inventive and fun. Unfortunately I don't have a system to play this on! My computer is shit for games and I don't own a PS3 or XBox360. I'm forced to be content with Portal: the Flash Version. It's not the same (I think).

But in the same vein, a creative, short and fun game is Cursor*10. It'll take just minutes to play so give it a try. You'll be playing with yourself....literally It reminds me of the episode "All Good Things" from Star Trek: TNG.

*spoilers ahead*
Check out Floor 16:



Beat my score, this was just my first try.

Now they could extend this type of gameplay to a FPS like Portal. Just imagine if the game starred Hiro from Hero and the game mechanic was that you can travel back and help yourself complete levels. Then you could work in the other heroes too, especially Peter. It'll sell millions. Make it so.

PS how long did you figure I could last before blogging about games?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nelson said...

I just tried it again and got a score of 170

1/04/2008 6:53 PM  
Blogger Victor said...

188 for me.

1/04/2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger Matt W said...

Portal is amazingly fun Nels. I got it as part of the Orange Box for Christmas and beat it in a night (11pm-3am). It was kind of creepy but a very different and entertaining game experience.

Btw, I have your Godfather and I watched all of them. Enjoyable, but I probably didn't like it as much as all the reviews suggested I would.

1/15/2008 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home