Monday, January 21, 2008

Comments

Comments are the currency of the Internet. That and page views. But for me, comments are much more important. I use it partly as a way for people to keep up with what's going on with me. Facebook also serves a similar purpose, but I think in a different manner (photos and status). Your commenting justifies my effort spent writing. I appreciate it. Even something like saying hello can make my day.

Anyway, I was nice to see people comment on my Super Mario Galaxy Review. The most surprising was that 4 girls commented and no guys! I guess Mario really has universal appeal.

But my dilemma is whether it's better for people to comment in my Facebook notes or on my actual blog. When people comment in Facebook there is the social networking aspect of it, where other people can easily see the comments and are exposed to it through the News Feed. There is also the potential to tag others in the notes, but I don't make use of this feature. On the other hand, if it's on my blog, it's for me to keep, since I have more control over my blog when compared to Facebook. If Facebook were to become unpopular, those Facebook comments will be gone. I think I slightly prefer comments on the blog itself, but it's close. Thoughts?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger supastar k3v said...

I turn off fb comments on my imported feed, besides since it's driven off the RSS then it's only a teaser of the post so they have to click thru to read it (or comment)

1/22/2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

That's a good idea!

1/22/2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger Matt W said...

Hello Nelson.

ha ha. Anyway, do you read comments from previous entries even if it's well after your original posting date? e.g. I posted about Portal but a while later since I don't check your blog every day (sorry).

Also, I have heard good things about SMGalaxy so I am tempted to pick it up myself. Right now I'm just playing a lot of Wii Sports, the occasional DDR, and I borrowed Susan's Strikers for a while too (I still suck at that game). The only game I'm actually excited about for Wii is Smash Bros.

1/22/2008 10:46 AM  
Blogger Nelson said...

Matt, of course, since I RSS my comment feed as well (link on right). I see all comments made at any time. Ever try using using RSS? If you use RSS it's not a matter of checking blogs everyday, it's a matter of checking your feeds from on central location.

I'm excited for Brawl and Mariokart. Wii Fit could be interesting as well, but that's all that I'm looking forward to for now...

1/22/2008 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home